UC Library Databases
9 Online Resources Found
Provides access to Science magazine online, a peer-reviewed outlet for scientific news, commentary and cutting-edge research. UC Library does not maintain a subscription to this resource.
Free Public (Guest) Access entitles all Internet users, including UC users, to free content on the Science site including: abstracts and summaries, tables of contents, searching, and technical comments.less
Science.gov is a gateway to authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. Government agencies including research and development results. Science.gov allows you to search over 1850 US government agency sites in a single interface.
- Agriculture & Food
- Applied Science & Technologies
- Biology & Nature
- Health & Medicine
- Math, Physics & Chemistry
- Science Education
Interested in having the most current science developments delivered to your email account every Monday? Subscribe to the free Science.gov Alert Service and up to 25 relevant results from selected information services will be delivered to you every week.less
ScienceDirect is one of the largest providers of scientific, technical and medical literature. With over 1100 peer-reviewed, high impact journals available in full text, this database is a perfect starting point for research in medicine, technology, the sciences and the social sciences.
This database abstracts, indexes and provides the full text coverage for over 25% of journals published in the medical, technology, sciences and social science fields.
Subject areas include:
- agricultural, biological and earth sciences
- chemistry and biochemistry
- computer science
- economics, econometrics and finance
- engineering, chemical engineering, and materials science
- medicine, nursing and health professions
- social sciences
- veterinary science
Please visit SciFinder Scholar Web @ UC Library for details. Registration required with Utica College affiliation.
SciFinder Scholar Web is a specialized chemistry database that provides comprehensive index access to chemistry and related sciences, including:
- Patent and journal references
- Substance information
- Chemical reactions
- Regulated chemicals information
- Commerical available substances
The Chemical Abstract Society, or CAS, is a division of the American Chemical Society. CAS is the vendor responsible for producing SciFinder Scholar Web.
This web-based resource is:
- Restricted to current Utica College student, faculty and staff
- Requires user registration (instructions at SciFinder Scholar Web @ UC Library)
Connect to SciFinder Scholar Web (on or off campus)less
Intended for librarians and information professionals, this database provides access to the most up-to-date and accurate bibliographic information as well as current pricing structures for popular serials.
The Serials Directory contains over 184,000 US and international titles, including:
- Historical data for an additional 20,000 titles
- Data from nearly 83,500 publishers worldwide, including e-mail and Internet addresses
- Library of Congress and Dewey Decimal Classifications for every entry
Offering more peer-reviewed, full-text journals than any other sociology research database, Sociology Source Ultimate provides the must-have materials for students studying social behavior and interaction. Topics range from gender identity, marriage and family, to demographics, political sociology, religion and socio-cultural anthropology.