High School Bridge Program
The Utica University High School Bridge program has created a unique value proposition for students, high schools, and partners that is built on a foundation of academic excellence, mentoring, and internship opportunities.
The program gives students the opportunity, through a combination of AP and Bridge program courses, to complete 1 year of college credit before coming to Utica University.
The program allows for students at partner institutions to take:
- Up to two courses a semester as a junior or senior.
- Students applying to Utica University, and indicating an intention to matriculate, will be granted a Utica University student mentor in their senior year of high school.
- Bridge students will also be introduced to a group of healthcare, non-profit, and corporate partners that will be included in the internship and talent development component of their academic programs.
- Bridge students who attend Utica University will also have the opportunity to apply for an alumni mentor.
- The Bridge program is carefully designed to encourage diversity and promote activities and opportunities that create inclusiveness.
- Students in the Bridge program will receive a reduced tuition fee of just $99 for each 3-credit course.
This summer, Utica University will offer high school students the opportunity to earn college credit with an ENG 147 - Introduction to Creative Writing or UCC 101 - First Year Seminar.
- ENG 147 - Explore your creative side. Learn how poetry, fiction and creative non-fiction work, and then try your hand at writing them. Work with your classmates to make your writing stronger.
- UCC 101 - Introduction to college life and work. Academic skills development, values clarification, critical thinking, problem solving, communication skills, conflict management, and cultural diversity.
The courses will be conducted in an accelerated, hybrid (in-person and online) format July 5 - July 22, 2022. The first week will be taught on the Utica University campus and the remainder of the course will conducted be online.
The Utica University High School Bridge program allows homeschooled students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. Courses are offered in-person, and online and cover a wide range of topics. Students will have the opportunity to interact with university students and will gain access to Utica University resources. Students should consult with their district to discuss how college courses meet high school requirements.
When completing the application, please use the Homeschool Code 970000 in the dropdown box.
The program will focus on the following options:
- Business Management
- Healthcare Management
- Health Science
- Exploratory Studies
Please work with your guidance counselor to select the appropriate courses based on your preferred academic pathway.
- Students and guidance counselors work closely with the Director of Operations to select coursework and answer any questions as needed.
- Attend events on campus to help guide you towards the appropriate career path, take a tour, enjoy a theatrical event or come cheer on one of the Pioneer athletic teams.
- Student mentor is assigned if participating in a Pathway program.
Bridge students will be eligible for an internship if they matriculate to Utica University with our key corporate, non-profit and healthcare partners. Internships will give advanced students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience, to test out various local employers, and to develop relationships that may lead to future employment.
All students in the High School Bridge program will be assigned a student mentor in their senior year. Student mentors will come from Utica University athletic teams, student organizations and from throughout the University Bridge students who matriculate to Utica University will have the opportunity to apply for an alumni mentor who can assist with career advice.
Students in the Bridge program will also have the opportunity to meet with the Utica University Bridge program corporate, non-profit and healthcare partners prior to enrollment at Utica, and begin to understand various career tracks. During the program, specific talent development events will be held.
Students in the Bridge program will receive a reduced tuition fee of just $99 for each 3-credit course.
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.