Meeting the growing demand for nursing professionals, Utica College’s footprint continues to grow, with satellite locations for its accredited, accelerated bachelor of science in nursing (ABSN) program in Syracuse, Tampa Bay, and the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area.
In 2014, we expanded our accredited ABSN program to help meet the growing demand for nurses in Florida with a satellite location in St. Petersburg. We launched another program site in Miramar in 2018, to address even further the state’s nursing shortage.
Not only do these programs fulfill the state’s need for nurses by producing practice-ready care providers, but they make the ABSN curriculum more accessible to more qualified students. Developed by the Utica College Department of Nursing, the accelerated nursing curriculum is designed to teach students how to:
- Adapt the theories of a liberal education into nursing practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in delivering high-quality patient care.
- Adhere to the legal and ethical standards when practicing nursing.
- Provide safe, competent and ethical care across the patient lifespan.
Contact us to learn more about Utica ABSN programs in Central and South Florida.
Based in the Syracuse-Liverpool area of New York, the satellite location for our accelerated nursing school is approximately 55 miles from our main Utica College campus in Utica, New York.
You and other members of your cohort will come to our ABSN program site to take proctored exams, participate in clinical skills classes, and complete nursing simulation labs under the guidance of faculty.
Inside the Utica ABSN program site, there is:
- A computer lab where you will complete most of your testing.
- A skills classroom where faculty will prepare you for clinical rotations.
- A simulation lab where you will practice patient care scenarios in a controlled setting.
If you are interested in touring our ABSN program site in Syracuse, we encourage you to contact us.
Health Studies at Utica College
Utica College Receives Largest Endowment Gift to Establish Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.