The Utica University General Education Program (Gen Ed) puts you in charge of your college education.
You'll start with foundational classes that will equip you to succeed in college and beyond. Your learning will integrate sciences, humanities, the arts, and technology on your unique GenEd journey. You may choose to explore an exciting themed pathway or make your own learning path from a broad range of engaging courses.
The Program is structured around seven General Education Learning Goals:
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning.
- Demonstrate proficiency in quantitative reasoning.
- Demonstrate scientific literacy through evidence-based inquiry.
- Appreciate the range of human experiences as represented in the arts, literature, and other forms of cultural expression.
- Critically and ethically evaluate past and present implications of social institutions.
- Responsibly identify, locate, evaluate, and use information that is relevant to a given issue through information literacy and effective use of technology.
Foundation Courses for Spring 2023
Pathway Courses for Spring 2023
General Education Program Curriculum
Making Sense of Everything
"It's nice to be able to apply knowledge you learned in one class to another class. Things that I learned in my biology classes I might have discussed in my psych class or my history class. It's all very coherent and it helps you make sense of everything."
Cody Plasterer '16
More about General Education
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.