MissionThe Office of Institutional Effectiveness advances institutional quality by facilitating effective assessment processes and by providing University stakeholders with accurate and reliable information for evidence-based planning decisions.
In order to achieve its mission, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Provides clear, concise, and accurate information to stakeholders for the purpose of responsible, evidence-based decision-making.
- Maintains the institution’s compliance with specific requirements established by federal and state agencies, professional organizations, and accrediting bodies.
- Creates a practical financial model for new program development and other strategic initiatives as outlined in the strategic plan, the academic plan, and the enrollment plan.
- Facilitates effective assessment processes in academic, co-curricular, and administrative departments that promote continuous improvement at the University.
- Monitors the implementation of the strategic plan and communicates progress and status updates.
Information & Data SourcesTo facilitate effective planning and decision-making and ensure compliance with federal, state, and accrediting agencies, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness provides Trustees, administration, faculty, staff, and student with the following data and information sources:
- The Utica College Factbook
- Common Data Set
- Institutional Surveys
- IPEDs Data Center
- Retention & Completion Data
- Revenue and Enrollment Data & Trends
- Revenue & Registration Data
- Accreditation Data and Support
- Academic Portfolio
- Financial Projections and proformas for new program development
- Budget Development & Variance Review Support
StaffAnn E. Damiano, Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness/Dean of Assessment
Carol Bates, Academic Financial Analyst
Brandy Gray, Associate Director of Institutional Research
Kristin Fleet Haag, CPA, Assistant Vice President for Financial Planning & Analysis
Guide to Institutional Effectiveness
Utica University's Institutional Effectiveness Rubric