Excellence in Fostering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Awards
A key component of Utica University’s mission is to foster a rich diversity of perspective, background, and experience in the context of an equitable, respectful, and inclusive environment, in accordance with the institutional Stance Statement.
To honor the campus community members working diligently to uphold this mission, the DEI Collaborative presents the annual Utica University Excellence in Fostering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award.
This award recognizes the committed individuals who promote diversity, equity, and inclusion at Utica University and beyond by dedicating their time and energy to educating themselves on various topics related to DEI, being an advocate for equity in their respective spaces, and using their knowledge to create a more inclusive campus climate.
Award winners, chosen by the DEI Collaborative after a campus wide nomination process, do one of more of the following:
- Create a supportive and inclusive campus climate through personal leadership, intentional engagement, collaboration, etc.
- Are an outspoken advocate to ensure Utica University remains a working and learning environment free from bigotry and injustice.
- Work to instill topics and themes of diversity, equity, and inclusion into institutional frameworks (curriculum, policies, procedures, etc.)
- Demonstrate a commitment furthering one’s own or others’ knowledge on contemporary subject matter related to diversity, equity, and inclusion by hosting or participating in various educational programs, panels, webinars, etc. (on or off campus)
- Are an active advocate in the greater City of Utica community and other satellite locations through volunteerism and/or other service.
- Carry out other exemplary work critical to creating a culturally aware and inclusive climate at Utica University.
Nominations for the 2022 award are now open and are being accepted in the following categories:
- Staff Member
- Student, School of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty Member, School of Arts and Sciences
- Student, School of Business and Justice Studies
- Faculty Member, School of Business and Justice Studies
- Student, School of Health Professions and Education
- Faculty Member, School of Health Professions and Education
- Student Club/Organization
- Athletic Team
- Administrative Department/Office
Winners will be announced at an awards banquet on Wednesday, March 23, 2022. Pre-registration is required to attend.
2022 Award Recipients
- Mark Kovacs, Executive Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
- Elizabeth Threadgill, Assistant Professor of English
Student Organization Recipient
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.