Alumni and Guest Services
Welcome to the Frank E. Gannett Memorial LibraryUtica University extends the privilege of using the library’s facilities to members of the community for study and research. Utica University is a private institution. The primary purpose of the university library is to serve students, faculty, and staff.
Although visitors are welcomed, the Library reserves the right to limit access or otherwise restrict the use of facilities, equipment, collections and services.
- Contact the Library
- Circulation Desk: 315-792-3041
- Information Desk: 315-792-3044
Alumni & Guest ServicesAlumni may apply for borrowing privileges. Identification is required. A small fee may apply. Note that Interlibrary Loan services are restricted to current students, faculty, and staff.
Community users are welcome to use materials in the building.
Circulation & Loan Policies
- 28 day loan is granted for circulating materials
- Items may be recalled after 75% of original loan period
- Note that items on course reserve, computer laptops, group study rooms and other equipment are not made available for alumni/guests
Computer Use Library computers, printers and online subscription resources can be used by community members under the following guidelines:
- Computers can be used only by arrangement with a Reference Librarian during regular Reference service hours. (Note that Reference hours may not be the same as Library hours -- call ahead if in doubt)
- During busy times, currently-enrolled students receive priority and computers may not be available for guest use.
- Identification and registration are required every time a computer use is requested.
- Librarians and staff reserve the right to limit use of llibrary computers, printers, and online subscription resources by unaffiliated guests.
- Alumni and guests may not borrow Library laptop computers or other equipment.
Other Services and Guidelines
- Walk-up assistance at the Information Desk, including orientation and guidance
- Library catalog from library computers (and from the web) can be searched by everyone
- In-house use of library materials, unless in restricted collections or on course reserve
- Library study and meeting rooms are for the exclusive use of Utica University students and faculty