Strebel Fall Scenics 083

Campus Safety

What We Do

The Utica College Office of Campus Safety is dedicated to ensuring the personal safety and well-being of Utica College's students, employees, and guests. Our officers are available 24 hours a day by calling x3046 (campus phones) or (315) 792-3046 (cell and off-campus).

(315) 792-3046
Department Type
Office Location
Strebel Student Center
24 Hours / 7 Days a week
Campus Safety

Keeping Our Community Safe

Campus Safety officers are responsible for:

  • maintaining order and safety both within campus buildings and throughout the campus grounds
  • providing protection from theft, misuse, and vandalism for personal and campus property
  • enforcing the College's safety rules and regulations

Officers conduct themselves with the highest degree of professionalism, and are committed to maintaining good campus and community relations.

More Resources:

Fire Safety Systems Memo
Title IX Information
Emergency Management Plan

Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to report criminal incidents and other emergencies immediately to the Office of Campus Safety.

To reach Campus Safety from On Campus:
Dial 3046 or 611

To reach Campus Safety from off campus/cell phone:
Dial 315-792-3046

To report a life-threatening emergency:
Dial 911 from any phone on campus and then call Campus Safety at 3046.

**Remember to state your location on campus. The 911 system cannot trace your call through our telephone system. **

Emergency Telephones

Courtesy phones are located at most of the entrances to campus buildings. These phones are yellow and have a direct call button to reach campus safety. These phones can also be used to call students living in residential halls, to alert them that their guests have arrived.

In addition to courtesy phones, the college campus is equipped with several Blue Lights. These Blue light call boxes have a button that can be pressed, in emergencies, to request immediate assistance from campus safety. Once the button has been pushed, Campus safety is notified and a blue light illuminates from the top of the call box, signaling the location where assistance is needed.

Emergency Phone Numbers

Life-threatening Emergencies911
Campus Safety3046 or 611
New Hartford Police/Fire Department(315) 733-6666
Utica Fire Department(315) 724-5151
Utica Police Department(315) 735-3301
State Police- Marcy(315) 736-0121
Oneida County Sheriff(315) 736-0141
St. Elizabeth's Hospital(315) 798-8111
St. Luke's Memorial Hospital(315) 798-6222
YWCA Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence Services(315) 797-7740
Poison Control of Central New York1-800-222-1222
Crisis Services
(Through St. Elizabeth's Hospital -
provides assistance in mental health crises, 
such as suicide)
(315) 734-3456

Location / Hours

The office of Campus safety is located around the back corner of Strebel Student Center, in room 112. It is also kitty-corner to the Clark Athletic center, and accessible by the sidewalk leading from Strebel to Clark Athletic center.

Campus Safety

Office Hours

M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Service Hours

We always have personnel on campus. If you need to reach a safety officer outside of normal office hours, call us at (315)-792-3046, or 3046 from a campus phone.


Director:Contact Info:
Associate Director: 
Assistant Directors: 
Campus Safety Coordinator: 
12 Full-Time
11 Part-Time

The ID card is required to use the Gannett Library, Clark Athletic Center and other College facilities. In addition, the ID card can be assigned building access and serves as a meal card for those who purchase a meal plan from Sodexo Dining Services. Loss of a card should be reported immediately to the Campus Safety Office. Holes in cards render them invalid, unless the hole is punched with the ID hole puncher and is used for an ID clip. When getting a card, we reserve the right to ask for another form of picture identification or your birth date in order to verify identification. The listings below are the types of cards offered.

Student IDs

All full time and part time students must have a valid UC student ID card. The card is the official College identification for students and should be carried at all times. Students must present their UC ID to any College official (e.g., Safety Officers, Residence Life staff, etc.) upon request. If at any time a students is found to have another student's ID card in their possession for any reason, they are subject to the Utica College Student Conduct Process and the card will be confiscated. A fee of $20.00 is charged to your student tuition account for a replacement card. Damaged cards will be replaced at no charge if the pieces are returned.

On-Line IDs

On-Line students can click HERE to request an online ID be mailed to their homes. These IDs do not require pictures. Any online student can come to campus and get an ID with a picture if they wish, as long as they are on campus during regular business hours.

Faculty IDs

All full time and part time faculty as well as adjunct faculty are expected to hold ID cards. These cards also can hold access privileges to campus buildings as well as meal plan programs if the faculty member wished to purchase a plan from Sodexo Dining Services. The office also prints special cards for retired faculty and Faculty Emeriti. Please inquire about these special cards through the academic offices.

Staff IDs

All staff persons are also expected to hold ID cards and can have access and meal services on their cards. In addition to staff persons who work for Utica College, those staff persons that are not directly hired by UC (e.g., Morris Officers, Sodexo staff, Bookstore staff, Interpretek, Facilities/Maintenance and some other contracted employees) are also eligible to receive staff cards and use facilities open for UC staff use as well. The office also prints special cards for retired staff members. Please inquire about these special cards through the academic offices.

Fieldwork IDs

Certain academic majors require their students to participate in fieldwork services and such students should be identified as Utica College students whenever working at fieldwork sites. Fieldwork badges are $2.00 each and are available for the OT, PT, Nursing, Psych-Child Life, and Education programs. There are separate fieldwork badges for student teachers. Fieldwork badges are also available for faculty fieldwork supervisors.

Athletic Center IDs for Guests of Faculty and Staff

UC faculty and staff members are allowed to have up to three guests under their name in order to use the Clark Athletic Facilities. To request access cards for these guests, please use the form HERE. Children 15 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times and therefore do not need their own ID cards.

Work-Study/Office Badges

Certain offices can request that their students wear work-study identification badges. These do not hold access privileges; they are for identification purposes only. Offices that have badges include WPNR, Math/Science/Writing Centers, IITS, Help Desk, ResNet, Library, Media Center, Networking, Orientation, Theater Tech Booth, and Student Health Center. To request work-study badges for your office, a staff member must send the work study students' names and Banner ID numbers to Campus Safety.

Community IDs

Community IDs are produced for entities which have a pre-arranged agreement with campus offices for their staff to use Utica College facilities, such as the UC Aquatics Club, Pool Pals/Aqua Buddies, Whitesboro Swim, and The House of the Good Shepherd. To receive access badges, please first contact the office with which your company has a pre-arranged agreement.

Special Circumstances

The Office also produces identification cards for specialized individuals, such as Alumni, Board of Trustee members, Academic Affairs guests, Admissions Tour access, Commencement Press Passes and Staff Emergency Contact Cards. If you are in need of one of these types of cards, please contact Campus Safety.

Contact Us

I would like to see logins and resources for:

For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.