Permission to Study at Another Institution - Undergraduates
Undergraduate students may request permission to study at another institution while on break from Utica College. Please read the instructions carefully.
NOTE: If you have taken a course at Utica College, but wish to retake it for a better grade, you must retake the course at Utica College. Courses taken at another institution are accepted as credit only. They will not replace a UC grade.
What to do:
- Print out the form (there is a link at the bottom of the page)
- Fill out the top part of the form
- Print out the course descriptions from the school you plan to attend
- Meet with your adviser; s/he will assign the Utica College equivalent courses
- The Dean will review the form and either sign it or make revisions
- The form then comes to the Registrar, and he will do the final revision
- A copy of the form will be mailed to you, or you can request to come pick it up in our office. A copy of the form will be retained in your student folder.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Part of the graduation requirement of Utica College is a residency requirement -- that your last 30 credits are all earned at Utica College with no interruptions. If you have already earned ninety (90) credits toward your degree, you must apply for a waiver of the residency requirement. You can take care of this through the Academic Standards Committee. Contact Student Success for more information.
PERMISSION TO STUDY AT ANOTHER INSTITUTION
Study Abroad: This form is not the correct form for study abroad. If you wish to study abroad, you should contact the International Studies Office and complete this form.
Graduate Students: All forms for graduate students are located on the Office of Graduate Studies' forms page.