Welcome to the Utica College Adjunct Faculty Employment Opportunities web page
Utica College Application Process
We are currently accepting applications for adjunct instructors to teach in all disciplines to support programmatic and enrollment growth. If you hold the minimum of a master’s degree, you are welcome to submit your application for consideration.
- Review course descriptions
- Complete the online instructor application and attach your CV and unofficial transcripts for review. You will receive an auto-reply once you have successfully submitted your application.
- Although we are accepting applications in all disciplines we may not have an immediate need for someone with your background and experience. Your information will stay on file and active. If we have an opening that is a match for you, you will be contacted by a member of the Office of Human Resources.
Expectation of Adjuncts
Expectations for adjunct faculty at UC are outlined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook. For online adjunct faculty, best practices can be found here. Information that is program specific will come directly from the program/department director/chair upon hire.
Compensation and Pay Schedule
Utica College offers competitive adjunct pay rates which and are determined by qualifications.
Adjunct Hiring Process
- Once hired, a new adjunct employee will receive a packet of forms, which consist of a background check release form and new hire paperwork that need to be completed immediately. These forms may also be found on the Human Resources website.
- A member of the school office (School of Heath Profession and Education or School of Business & Justice Studies or School of Arts & Sciences) will then reach out with information to set up all Utica College accounts.
- New adjuncts can expect to be contacted by a member of our Center for Innovative Learning for training on the Utica College LMS.
- New adjunct faculty will receive an invitation for orientation. Orientation is held prior to the start of the Fall and Spring semesters. Invitations are sent by the Office of the Provost.