read&writeRead&write is a software package that assists you with writing and also includes features such as reading documents out loud to you. Utica University has a license for this software which includes current students, faculty, and staff. Please be aware that while the software is provided to you free of charge, no technical support is available from the University.
To request this on a Utica owned computer, please create a ticket.
To install this and activate a license on your own computer follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/read-write/ .
- Here you'll want to find the Try Now button.
- This should then take you to a spot where you can choose if you want to install this on Windows or Mac. Select the option for your computer.
- Click on the Install button.
- If prompted for your region, choose the appropriate option for you.
- A new window will appear (if it does not pay attention to your popup blocker or browser warnings) and you'll be prompted to download the file. We recommend saving the file to your Downloads folder if your browser does not automatically do this.
- Locate the file on your computer and double click on it.
- Follow the prompts in the installer. On Mac this includes dragging the application icon to the Application Folder icon.
- When the installer is complete you can locate the software in your Start Menu on Windows, or in the Applications folder on macOS. Launch the program.
- You should be prompted with options to sign in. Choose Sign in with Google.
- If you see multiple options here, like personal Gmail accounts, make sure to sign in with your Utica email account only.
- You'll receive a notice that you're all set. The program should be licensed for about one year. If you are still a currently student or faculty/staff member when that year runs out, you should be able to perform this same process again to gain another one year license.
For support with this software see the company's website: www.texthelp.com