Electronic Services for Alumni:
|Utica University is changing the online services we provide to our alumni. Due to changes in our terms of service with Google that are outside of our control, we can no longer provide online file storage in Google Drive. As of June 15, 2022 the Google Drive service will be discontinued for current alumni and files stored there will be removed. Not only will files you created be removed, but you’ll also be prohibited from accessing files others have shared with you. See below for steps to download your files.|
Email Account AccessThe University allows alumni to keep their Utica email accounts indefinitely as long as they follow these requirements:
- For security purposes, passwords must be changed every 120 days at https://password.utica.edu. The system will send reminder emails daily for 14 days before the password expires.
- Once every six months account renewal is required. The system will send reminder emails daily for 30 days before the renewal deadline. Renewal is done at https://password.utica.edu/myaccount.
Renewing your email account also maintains your access to BannerWeb for access to unofficial transcripts, past financial aid information, and past payment information if you had been a student employee.
Account Access Excludes:
Email accounts no longer include access to Google Drive, which includes services like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Forms. This is applied approximately 6 months after your date of graduation. We recommend that you download any files you wish to keep from Google Drive before your access is revoked.
- You can do this by visiting https://drive.google.com on a computer, right clicking on a file you wish to save, and choosing the Download option.
- Alternatively, you can choose to transfer your account content to a separate personal Gmail account. You will need to have enough space available in the personal account to accept the data; you can see how much space you’re using in each account here: https://drive.google.com/drive/quota . To transfer files:
- Visit https://mail.utica.edu on a computer, and login.
- Click on the circle in the top right corner and choose “Manage your Google Account”.
- Find the “Transfer your content” section and click the Start transfer button.
- Follow the steps shown on screen.
Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and others, expires after graduation. This includes files you may have stored in OneDrive. We recommend that you download your files. You can view your files online by logging into https://utica-my.sharepoint.com with your Utica username and password and download them to your computer.