Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) Submissions
Graduate students must submit their final, approved thesis/capstone project to the Office of Graduate Studies electronically by the submission deadline for the term in which they wish to graduate. Not all graduate programs at Utica College require students to write a thesis or capstone project. For programs that do require a thesis or capstone project or for students who choose one of those options (if allowed), however, it must be submitted via this process and will be made publicly available online.
Please see the chart on the
Culminating Academic Experiences Overview
page for a description of which programs complete the ETD submission process. Programs which are noted on the chart as completing a thesis or capstone project must follow the ETD submission process.ETD is a service of ProQuest Databases. Once accepted by the college thesis and capstone projects will be published through ProQuest. Active Utica College students can access the ProQuest Databases through the UC Library website. Published thesis and capstone projects are also available through ProQuest to any individual or organization with a full subscription to ProQuest databases. Please note publication time can take 6-8 weeks from the time of acceptance
- Follow the instructions in the Formatting and Submission Guide
- Use the Utica College Thesis/ Capstone Project Template
- The thesis or capstone project title should be informative and concise, no more than 175 characters including spaces, in ALL CAPS, formatted in an inverted pyramid.
- Ensure submissions are completed by the deadline for the term in which you wish to graduate - see Graduation Deadlines (link also to the left)
- Complete a Graduate Thesis/Capstone Project Completion Form. Once your committee members have approved the thesis or capstone project, a PDF version will be sent to you via email. This PDF must be uploaded as a supplemental file in the ETD site.
- Create an ETD account (this is a new account and separate from your Utica login)
- Upload a PDF file of your approved capstone to the ETD site and SUBMIT by the deadline
- Instructions for how to use the online submission system can be found here
- Instructions on how to convert your file to a .pdf can be found here
The Resources & Guidelines tab within the ETD Administrator site may answer many of your questions, both UC-specific and ETD Administrator-related, regarding such topics as creating PDFs, embedding fonts, subject categories, and copyright. Please check that site for answers to your questions before contacting the Office of Graduate Studies. The formatting requirements outlined in the Formatting and Submission Guide supersede any guidelines on the ETD Administrator website.