Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) Submissions
Graduate students must submit their final, approved thesis/capstone project to the Office of Graduate Studies electronically by the submission deadline for the term in which they wish to graduate. Not all graduate programs at Utica College require students to write a thesis or capstone project. For programs that do require a thesis or capstone project or for students who choose one of those options (if allowed), however, it must be submitted via this process and will be made publicly available online.
Since Fall 2013, Utica College uses a web-based, online submission process via UMI ETD Administrator/ProQuest whereby you upload your thesis or capstone project via a website. You will have to create an account in order to log in and submit your information and materials. You can create the account and start entering basic information, saving your account information and logging back in to complete the submission process at a later time once final approval is received.
- Follow the instructions in the Formatting and Submission Guide
- The thesis or capstone project title should be informative and concise, no more than 175 characters including spaces, in ALL CAPS, formatted in an inverted pyramid.
- Ensure submissions are completed by the deadline for the term in which you wish to graduate - see Graduation Deadlines (link also to the left)
- Complete a Phase III: Completion Form. Once your committee members have approved the thesis or capstone project, a PDF version will be sent to you via email. This PDF must be uploaded as a supplemental file in the ETD site.
- Instructions for how to use the online submission system can be found here
- Instructions on how to convert your file to a .pdf can be found here
The Resources & Guidelines tab within the ETD Administrator site may answer many of your questions, both UC-specific and ETD Administrator-related, regarding such topics as creating PDFs, embedding fonts, subject categories, and copyright. Please check that site for answers to your questions before contacting the Office of Graduate Studies. The formatting requirements outlined in the Formatting and Submission Guide supersede any guidelines on the ETD Administrator website.