Professional Licensing Information for Students
Utica College currently offers the following programs which are intended to prepare students for professions involving certification or licensure. You should check the certification or licensing requirements for your proposed profession in the state in which you intend to seek licensure or certification at the appropriate link below.*
- Dietetics and Nutrition: The Utica College Dietetics and Nutrition program prepares students to take the national registration exam to become a Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN).
- Education: The Utica College Education programs prepare students for teaching certification.
- Health Care Administration, Nursing Home Administration track only: The Utica College Health Care Administration Nursing Home Administration track prepares students for licensure in New York State.
- Nursing pre-licensure: The Utica College Nursing pre-licensure programs prepares students for licensure.
- Nursing MS Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) post-licensure: The Utica College MS Family Nurse practitioner (FNP) program prepares students for national certification through American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board (AANP).
- Occupational Therapy pre-licensure: The Utica College Occupational Therapy pre-licensure program prepares students for licensure.
- Physical Therapy pre-licensure: The Utica College Physical Therapy program prepares students for licensure.
- Professional Accounting: The Utica College Professional Accounting program prepares students for licensure.
- Therapeutic Recreation: The Utica College Therapeutic Recreation program prepares students for certification.
*Please note: there is considerable variation in state requirements and it is your responsibility to seek guidance from the applicable licensing board to understand your individual licensure requirements.