The Office of Career Services endeavors to serve students, in partnership with alumni, employers, faculty, and staff, through the provision of the following services and resources: counseling, assessments, programming, outreach, and recruitment activities.
Students will develop self-awareness and actively engage in the career development process, empowering them to make informed career decisions and preparing them to achieve career goals.
Office Location and Contact Information
New Location Beginning Fall 2018:
Office of Career Services
1600 Burrstone Road
122 White Hall
Utica, NY 13502
Phone: (315) 792-3087
Fax: (315) 792-3370
LinkedIn: Utica College Office of Career Services
(Fall and Spring)
Monday - Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Meet the Staff
Ms. Sarah J. Garramone , B.A.
Career Development Specialist
Office: 122 White Hall
Center for Career and Professional Devel
- Meets with students/recent alumni to provide individualized support across the career development continuum, to include career exploration, career planning, and transitioning to the professional setting
- Administers and interprets career inventories and assessments
- Helps students develop and refine skills in résumé, cover letter, and application essay writing; online and in-person networking; interviewing; professional etiquette; and job search skills
- Develops and presents major-specific information on a range of career development topics to students in classrooms and during workshops
- Teaches a 1-credit career development course: UCC 206 Career Strategy
Sarah holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Utica College, graduating Summa Cum Laude. Before joining Utica College as the Employer Relations Coordinator/Counselor in April 2015, she worked as a recruiter in the fashion industry in New York City where she was responsible for the recruitment of internship, entry and managerial-level corporate positions. Prior to working in fashion, Sarah worked in recruiting at Prudential Financial in New Hartford, NY. She is a proud alumna and excited to bring her recruiting and career development experience back to Utica College!
Outside of Utica College, Sarah serves as Professional Development Chair and Board Member of the Central New York Career Development Association.
For more information about Sarah and to connect with her on LinkedIn, go to www.linkedin.com/in/sarahgarramone.