About Utica College
Mission / Values / Vision
tica College educates students for rewarding careers, responsible citizenship, enlightened leadership, and fulfilling lives by integrating liberal and professional study, by creating a community of learners with diverse experiences and perspectives, by balancing a commitment to its local heritage with global outreach, by encouraging lifelong learning, and by promoting scholarship in the belief that the discovery and application of knowledge enrich teaching, learning, and society.
Utica College's mission rests upon a foundation of values that guide the College community's decisions and actions. These values include the following:
- Individual attention for our students
- Lifelong learning
- Pragmatic approaches to teaching and learning
- Continual improvement in our educational and operational quality
- Diversity of perspective, background, and experience in an increasingly global society
- Community and professional service
- Ethical behavior and integrity in all that we do
- Freedom of expression and the open sharing of ideas and creativity
- Open, honest, and collegial communication
- The well being of others
Utica College will be the nation's most innovative small university, inspiring students to create a future beyond their imagining.
Utica College Accreditation
The College is chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York under its corporate name, Utica College, and also is mentioned in Syracuse University's charter. The Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, (215) 662-5606, accredits Utica College.
The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation. Copies of the accreditation reports are on file in the offices of the president and the vice president for academic affairs and dean of the faculty.
Founded in 1946, UC is a comprehensive private institution that offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees.
UC enrolls more than 5,000 full- and part-time students, on campus and online.
The College offers 38 undergraduate majors and 31 minors.
The College offers 21 graduate programs, including master's degrees, doctoral programs, and graduate-level certificates. Options include:
- business administration
- cybersecurity - intelligence and forensics
- financial crime and compliance management
- health care administration
- occupational therapy
- physical therapy