Pioneer Scholars is an intentional program for incoming undergraduate first year students who have been selected to join the Utica University preparatory program for academic and career success. Students are selected during the admission process and required to participate in this program.
How It Works
The Pioneer Scholars program is a campus wide initiative designed to help new students acclimate to college life. As a Pioneer Scholar, students will participate in the following:
- Participate in the “Supporting U” Virtual Program Series in the summer
- Attend an introductory meeting with your Success Coach to discuss your academic plan
- Attend Career & Professional Development Activities throughout your first semester
In addition, all Pioneer Scholars will be enrolled in a designated section of UCC 101 - First Year Seminar to help students learn vital academic skills for student success.
Student Success Scholarship
Pioneer Scholars who complete their first semester at Utica University with at least 12 credit hours earned and a minimum GPA of 2.8 or higher will be awarded a Student Success scholarship worth $1,000 per semester. This is a total award of $7,000 over the course of four years.
- Make an appointment with your Success Coach for your First Year Welcome Meeting
- Make an appointment with your Financial Aid Counselor to review your Financial Aid and payment options
- Download the Navigate Student App
- Complete your First Year Student Survey & Math Placement Exam
- Check your Utica University Email Daily and pay attention to all UMAILS
- Complete your Health Forms by July 1, 2023
- If you are living on campus, complete all housing requirements and forms by the deadline dates
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.