The Utica University Office of Campus Safety is dedicated to ensuring the personal safety and well-being of Utica University's students, employees, and guests. Our officers are available 24 hours a day by calling x3046 (campus phones) or (315) 792-3046 (cell and off-campus).
Keeping You Safe
UC ALERT TEXT / EMAIL ALERT SYSTEM
Utica University keeps the campus community informed about safety concerns via Utica Alert - an Emergency Text and E-mail Alert system. The system alerts all users by cell phone text message and/or by e-mail in the event of:
- Weather-related closings
- Public safety concerns
... and other circumstances that might affect members of the campus community.
Registration for UTICA ALERT is automatic for students and Utica University faculty/staff members - All students and working faculty/staff members at Utica are automatically subscribed to the system.
Although you are automatically enrolled in Utica Alert, we advise ALL members of the campus community to verify the contact information used by Utica Alert. The information we have for you may be incomplete, out of date, or incorrect. You can easilycheck your registration by visiting https://www.getrave.com/login/utica . Once here, simply use your college username and password to login and you will see the information currently on file. If the information is outdated/incorrect please update it using the “edit” feature. As an extra measure of security, you can test the alert system using the yellow “test” button.
Questions? We can help.
If you have questions about Utica Alert, please contact:
Director Campus Safety
(Note: Standard cell phone text messaging fees may apply. Contact your carrier for details.)
Utica University works hard to ensure that all students feel safe and comfortable on campus. Title IX prohibits any sex discrimination of students or employees of the school. It is taken very seriously and there is an intricate process for investigating and taking action in these cases. If anyone feels they are being threatened, mistreated, or discriminated against in ways that are disrupting their safety and ability to lead comfortable lives on campus they are encouraged to seek help.
More information can be found on the University’s Title IX site.
WHAT IT IS:
A lockdown is a procedure used to ensure safety when there is imminent danger. Individuals are asked to confine themselves by whatever means possible and remain indoors to secure their safety while the threat is handled by law enforcement.
LOCKDOWNS CAN BE USED FOR:
- Possible Active Shooter
- Nearby Danger
- Any other situations in which there is imminent danger
WHAT TO DO?
- Remain Calm
- Stop all activity and begin to lock/barricade doors
- Close blinds and cover windows to prohibit others from seeing inside the room
- Turn the lights off
- Stay low to the ground and away from windows/doors
- Ensure that the room is quiet and cell phones are silenced
- DO NOT open the door for anyone unless you are certain it is safe to do so (ex. Police officers, fire department, etc.)
- You will receive updates via Utica Alert and be notified when it is safe to exit
SHELTER IN PLACE
WHAT IT IS:
Shelter in place is a precaution aimed to keep you safe while remaining indoors. All individuals are urged to find an interior room with few or no windows.
SHELTER IN PLACE CAN BE USED FOR:
- Chemical, radiological, or biological threats
- Inclement weather
WHAT TO DO?
- Remain Calm
- Instructions will be sent out via UTICA ALERT
- Immediately seek shelter nearby, do not evacuate
- Be mindful of your location compared to the incident
- Follow instructions you have received and do not leave until you have received an alert indicating it is safe to do so
Useful Links / Information
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.