Show Your Pioneer Pride! Be an Alumni Volunteer and Build a Stronger Utica College Community
Alumni are the bedrock of the Utica College community, and their continued participation in the life of the College is what keeps the Pioneer spirit alive and well.
You can play an important role in building a stronger UC by becoming an Alumni Volunteer. Choose from a broad range of options, from sharing your professional expertise on campus to hosting an alumni or admissions event in your community. It’s a great way to show your pride.
The following represents meaningful volunteer activities you can get involved with as an additional way of giving back to your alma mater:
- Serve on a Reunion Committee for your class
- Host a regional alumni gathering
- Serve as a local/regional contact in your city
- Serve as a guest speaker/presenter in your profession area/experience
- Serve on a volunteer advisory board and committee
- Represent UC at a college fair and/or a local high school
- Host a Yield Event (accepted student reception)
- Serve as a career mentor to a current student
- Participate in on-campus events/networking nights with students interested in your profession
- Identify employment opportunities/internships to students and alumni
- Perform a mock or informational interview with students
- Participate in Career Services’ annual Etiquette Dinner (Spring)
- Offer students opportunities to visit/connect with local organizations
Help Make Your Next Reunion A Success
Thank you for considering participation as a Reunion Volunteer. The Office of Alumni and Parent Relations will provide you with the support you need to bring your classmates together and make this year's reunion a success.
Here's how to proceed:
- Once you agree to be a volunteer, submit your electronic signature to your staff liaison. Your signature will be used on letters to your classmates once you have approved the letters.
- Your staff liaison will provide a rough outline of when reunion volunteer meetings will be held in the months leading up to Homecoming.
- There will be regular communication between reunion year volunteers and Utica College staff liaisons through telephone calls, notes, e-mail messages, and social media to encourage ideas and involvement to make the reunion memorable for all.
- Author class communications, including letters and mass e-communications, to encourage reunion attendance and other engagement.
- Volunteers will be provided with a class list to be divided amongst volunteers to contact as many classmates as possible and spread the word for Homecoming.
- A social media buzz kit will be provided to assist volunteers in online engagement with their classmates and to help get alumni back on campus for Homecoming. Volunteer’s should have at least one of the following social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn
- Social Media will be used to build excitement for your upcoming Reunion and Homecoming Weekend! Drive classmates to the Utica College Homecoming page for details on events and to register.
- If you choose to send notes in the mail, Utica College will reimburse you for postage.
- Make a commitment to attend your reunion (you will be acknowledged throughout the weekend) and celebrate!
- Make a thank you phone call or send a note to classmates for their reunion attendance, involvement in planning, contributions to the College and other support.
Use our talkback form to sign up as a Reunion Volunteer.
For more information, contact:
Office of Advancement
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.