Alumni Council and Awards
Welcome to Utica College's Alumni Council. The UCAC supports and promotes the best interest of Utica College and fosters unity, loyalty and growth within the College community, which includes its students, perspective students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, Board of Trustees, and alumni.
A member is nominated to hold an UCAC position based on demonstrated involvement, support of and commitment to Utica College. Upon election to the UCAC and upon accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Council membership. These include but are not limited to:
- Attending and participating in two scheduled Council meetings, each year. One meeting is held in the spring and the other is held during Homecoming Weekend – usually in September or October. Additional meetings may arise as needed to address Council business.
- Donating to the Annual Fund at a level appropriate to current circumstances is encouraged. The UCAC strives for 100% participation from all members.
- Participating in e-meetings, when meetings on campus are not necessary, but work must be addressed.
- Actively serving on at least one Council committee as assigned with regular attendance on scheduled committee conference calls in between full Council meetings on campus.
- Being a representative and spokesperson for the Utica College Alumni Society. This could involve talking with prospective students, meeting with fellow alumni, communication in our legislators, attending local alumni events, and more.
- Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for committee and future UCAC membership, other alumni activities, and alumni awards.
- Assist the College and the Office of Career Services in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as student recruitment, job placement, legislative advocacy, and financial support.
- Assist the College and the Alumni Society in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student experience at Utica College, thus helping mold more loyal alumni.
- Familiarity with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Alumni Society and participation in them to the extent possible, including large campus events (Homecoming Weekend, Convocation, and Commencement).
- Offer ideas to help make the Board of Directors and the Alumni Society more meaningful to the alumni constituency and initiate Board activities and initiatives.
- An ambassador, publicist, and advocate for the Alumni Society and Utica College.
- Continuously taking advantage of opportunities to develop and build relationships between the College and its alumni, as well as the relationship among fellow alumni.
Please check back - UCAC Membership will be updated soon.
Recognition for the achievements and contributions of alumni, faculty, students, and friends of the College.
The Utica College Alumni Council recognizes distinguished alumni, faculty, students, and friends of the College who personify the College's commitment to excellence and service, bringing distinction to themselves and to our alma mater.
Many UC graduates have gone on to achieve outstanding heights in their chosen careers. Alumni, friends, and students also assume leadership roles, volunteering their time and effort to the College. We would like to recognize these accomplishments during Homecoming weekend.
The categories for the Utica College Alumni Council awards are:
To nominate an alumna/us, faculty member or friend of UC for one of the following, simply select the catagory to download a pdf file. Please return nomination forms to the Alumni Relations (Division of Advancement), Utica College, 1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY 13502 by March 15th. You may also request a form by contacting us at email@example.com or calling 1-800-456-8278.
This award recognizes meritorious achievement in the field or profession in which the candidate is engaged or recognized; contribution and service in the area of religion, arts and sciences, public service or public welfare; and outstanding service, unselfish interest and demonstrated loyalty to the College and the Alumni Association.
Alumni of Achievement Award
This award is given to alumni who have excelled in their chosen fields and have made recognized contributions to their profession or community.
College Service Award
This award is presented to alumni in recognition of dedicated service to the College or the Alumni Association.
Outstanding Faculty Award
This award will recognize a faculty member for service to the Alumni Association, meritorious service in the field, and service to the college.
Honorary Alumni Award
Recognizes outstanding contributions to Utica College as a friend of the College. This contribution may be monetary or in the form of service which contributes to the strengthening and advancement of the College.
Hall of Fame Award
This award is bestowed on Alumni, who over the years, through dedicated service, have made important contributions to the EXISTENCE, PERPETUATION and ENHANCEMENT of the Utica College Alumni Society.
- Existence - to have caused the Association to live, be real, and to be actual.
- Perpetuation - to have prolonged the Association's existence, caused the Association to be remembered.
- Enhancement - to have made greater, increased the value or worth of the Association.
To nominate a student for one of the following awards: Outstanding Senior, Alumni Memorial Scholarship or the Sportsmanship Award, please submit a letter in support of your candidate to Alumni Relations (Division of Advancement). This is also a self-nominating process; students may contact you to write a letter of support for their applications. When we receive your nomination letter, the student will be contacted to complete an application and will be required to submit a resume and college transcript.
The deadline for submission for student awards is April 2, 2021.
Candidates must be Utica College matriculated students graduating in December 2020, May 2021, or August 2021. Qualifications for the award include one or more of the following:
- Participation in the activities of the College through campus government, clubs, organizations, sports, etc.
- Service to the community
- Outstanding scholastic achievement
- Achievement despite a personal hardship
Alumni Memorial Scholarship
Two scholarships will be awarded for the 2021-2022 academic year in the amount of $1,800 each. This scholarship is offered to help students further their education at Utica College. To be eligible, students must be of junior or senior standing (by fall 2021), be attending UC full-time, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher. In addition, they must have been involved in College and/or community activities. The scholarship is intended to recognize merit, future promise, and service to Utica College.
This award honors the male and female student athlete who have, through their actions in the competitive arena of intercollegiate athletics, demonstrated one or more of the ideals of sport including fairness, civility, unselfishness, respect, and responsibility. The nomination criteria includes:
- Athlete must be a graduating senior and at least a two-year varsity player and must be in good academic standing
- Athlete must be a contributor to his/her sport measured by having participated in a minimum of 50 percent of games over the previous two seasons
- Athlete must have demonstrated good citizenship outside the sports/competition setting
- Athlete must have demonstrated consistently good sportsmanship and ethical conduct in his or her daily participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- The noteworthy act of sportsmanship must have occurred during the past year
- Supplemental material such as newspaper articles, photographs or videos will not be considered in the selection process
Do you know someone whose professional and volunteer accomplishments deserve to be recognized by the Utica College Alumni Council? Or do you know of a UC alumna or alumnus, UC faculty member, or student whose contributions should be more widely known? Please take a few minutes and tell us about them.
The deadline for submission for student awards is April 2, 2021. Student recipients are honored during the annual commencement program and all other recipients are honored at a special recognition ceremony during Homecoming weekend.
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.