New and Prospective Employees
Information for new arrivals and for professionals seeking to become a part of our community.
Let us help
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources if you have any questions or need assistance.
Search for open positions using our Career Finder tool.
Be Part Of A Rewarding Community
Joining the Utica University community offers you competitive benefits, professional development opportunities, and many unique experiences. Here are some resources that will help you explore new career opportunities at Utica:
- Virtual Tour - Get a closer look at Utica with this guided campus tour.
- Benefits and Wellness - Find out more about how Utica supports the professionals who contribute to the University's success.
- Mission and Values - Learn more about the core principles that have guided us since our founding in 1946.
- Event Calendar - View upcoming events, important dates, and more.
- Diversity@UC - Discover how diversity contributes to our mission and how you can be a part of it.
- Community - Get details about our surrounding community and all it has to offer.
Welcome to Utica! Let's get started:
Moving to Utica? The following resources below will provide helpful information about relocating to the area:
- Rental properties - The Office of Human Resources maintains an informal listing of rental properties in the area. View the list on Google Drive.
- Local banks – First Source Federal Credit Union (www.fsource.org), M&T bank (www.mtb.com), AmeriCU (www.americu.org), Bank of Utica (www.bankofutica.com). Check the local Yellow Pages for a full listing of banks available in the Utica area.
- Employee Assistance Program – The College’s EAP can assist with many different things such as community amenities, moving services, apartment searches, real estate resources (websites and Realtors), and more. Learn more at www.utica.edu/hr/benefits.cfm.
- Moving Expense Request and Authorization Form
- Utica-Rome Extended Stay Lodging
- Current Property Listings
- Child Care - Junior Junction at St. Lukes (315) 624-6273; Junior Junction at St. Elizabeth’s (315) 734-3017; Masonic Care Community; Sitrin; UCP. Check the local Yellow Pages for a full listing of child care options available in the Utica area.
Have any questions and don't know who to ask? The following individuals below can help you with any relocation assistance:
Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org 315.792.3122) works with faculty candidates on a variety of matters for prospective faculty including but not limited to re-appointment and the tenure process.
Lesley Wallace (email@example.com 315.792.3384), Director of Employment & Retention, can assist spouses or partners of new faculty and staff with the identification of resources regarding employment as well as provide assistance with visa and employment related questions. Lesley can also assist with available housing options in the area.
Kristin Phelps (firstname.lastname@example.org 315.792.3024), Benefits and Compensation Supervisor, can assist with questions regarding area schools and available housing.
New full time employees will be scheduled for an onboarding session with the Office of Human Resources on or before their first day of work. During the onboarding session, we will be reviewing the College’s comprehensive benefit package and encourage new employees to familiarize themselves with the benefits offered prior to the session. Please visit the benefits website.
Things to bring to your Onboarding session:
- Bring in any current medical insurance cards you have.
- Bring in any information for life insurance beneficiaries (a beneficiary is a person whom you would want to have any life insurance money in case something happened to you). You will need their name, address, Social Security Number and date of birth (should be at least one adult).
- Right to Work Documentation (see a list of acceptable documents). You either need to bring in one item from list A or an item from list B and C.
- A voided check (To sign up for direct deposit)
- If you plan on taking the College’s health insurance, please bring a photo ID. If your spouse will be on the insurance with you, please bring a photocopy of your spouse’s photo ID as well.
In addition to this onboarding session, new employees will also be invited to attend a full day orientation within their first few months to learn more about the campus and further explore their role as part of the college community.
Adjunct Faculty Onboarding
New adjunct faculty will be required to complete additional paperwork prior to the start of the semester. Please visit the Adjunct Faculty Toolkit for a listing of all required forms. Local adjunct faculty are welcome to make an appointment with the Office of Human Resources if they would like to complete the forms in the office by calling (315) 792-3276 or via email at email@example.com .
The forms and instructions may be found at the following URL: http://www.utica.edu/hr/forms.cfm#Adjunct. All new adjuncts are also invited to an evening session of orientation prior to the start of the semester.
Onboarding for Supervisors
Are you a supervisor bringing a new employee on board? As a supervisor, this is your opportunity to effectively welcome your new employee. Use the “First Day Checklist for Supervisors” to help guide you and your department.
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.