Utica College Alumni Council
Information about the UCAC
The UCAC supports and promotes the best interest of Utica College and fosters unity, loyalty and growth within the College community, which includes its students, perspective students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, Board of Trustees, and alumni.
A member is nominated to hold an UCAC position based on demonstrated involvement, support of and commitment to Utica College. Upon election to the UCAC and upon accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Council membership. These include but are not limited to:
- Attending and participating in two scheduled Council meetings, each year. One meeting is held in the spring and the other is held during Homecoming Weekend – usually in September or October. Additional meetings may arise as needed to address Council business.
- Donating to the Annual Fund at a level appropriate to current circumstances is encouraged. The UCAC strives for 100% participation from all members.
- Participating in e-meetings, when meetings on campus are not necessary, but work must be addressed.
- Actively serving on at least one Council committee as assigned with regular attendance on scheduled committee conference calls in between full Council meetings on campus.
- Being a representative and spokesperson for the Utica College Alumni Society. This could involve talking with prospective students, meeting with fellow alumni, communication in our legislators, attending local alumni events, and more.
- Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for committee and future UCAC membership, other alumni activities, and alumni awards.
- Assist the College and the Office of Career Services in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as student recruitment, job placement, legislative advocacy, and financial support.
- Assist the College and the Alumni Society in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student experience at Utica College, thus helping mold more loyal alumni.
- Familiarity with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Alumni Society and participation in them to the extent possible, including large campus events (Homecoming Weekend, Convocation, and Commencement).
- Offer ideas to help make the Board of Directors and the Alumni Society more meaningful to the alumni constituency and initiate Board activities and initiatives.
- An ambassador, publicist, and advocate for the Alumni Society and Utica College.
- Continuously taking advantage of opportunities to develop and build relationships between the College and its alumni, as well as the relationship among fellow alumni.
UCAC Members volunteering at the Career Expo at Utica College on Wednesday, April 8, 2009.
"It seems crazy to say but many of you are in the Class of 2019, and you are about to embark on the most unforgettable 4 years of your life."
Brian Agnew '03
Read full text >