Training and Development The Office of Human Resources encourages the career development and growth of employees and assists by providing information about on and off campus opportunities. For additional information regarding the listed training opportunities, please contact Human Resources x3276.
On Campus Training and Development:The following series listed below would be most beneficial for diversity professions, faculty and administrators, supervisors, search committee members and department chairs:
Training and Events Calendar
Off Campus Training and Development:Attendance for off campus opportunities would need to be approved by an employees supervisor and would come from the department's budget.
Toastmasters International - local clubs
Toastmasters help people learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking in a mutually supportive and learning environment.
1) Caring Communicators at Faxton St. Luke's Main Campus
Meeting Times: 2nd and 4th Thursday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Location: 2nd Floor Conference Room at St. Luke's Campus
For more information: caringcommunicators.org
2) iTalk – Toastmasters International at the State Office Building
Meeting Times: 2nd & 4th Tuesday 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Location: 1st Floor Conference Room (1A or 1B) , 207 Genesee Street in Utica
For more information: http://www.toastmasters.org/Find-a-Club/01203889-italk
1) Innovative Educators: Educating faculty, staff and students
Upcoming webcasts are listed below. There are also several on demand webcasts at the link above.
2) Inside Higher Ed
Upcoming editorial webcasts are listed below. There are also several past webcasts at the link above.
- Careers in a Changing Era: How Higher Ed Can Fight the Skills Gap and Prepare Students for a Dynamic World of Work - Tuesday, May 5 at 2:00 pm ET
- This session will examine how faculty can improve student attitudes around the abrupt shift to online coursework, and what the emergency response may mean for longer term efforts in virtual programs and online teaching.- Thursday, April 30th at 3:30 pm ET.
Watch: What works for women at work: How to navigate subtle gender bias successfully
Watch: Transgender Issues in the Workplace: What you need to know
Watch: Your Ripple Effect - 4 Core Masteries for Effective Leaders
Supervisor Training - How to Effectively Manage Performance Conversations
Presentation Skills - Creating and Delivering Interesting Content
Emotional Intelligence PowerPoint
Workplace Law Update PowerPoint
Resolving Conflict PowerPoint
Performance Review Form Revision Supervisor Training 2019