Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Operational Plan
Operational Plan Synopsis 2019-2023
Diversity, equity and inclusion is as much a part of who we are at Utica College as the brick and mortar buildings, and, ideally, is infused throughout all we do. This operational plan, which supports the College's strategic plan, provides a pathway forward over the next three to four years to move us beyond diversity to inclusion, equity and intercultural competence.
- Goal 1: Improve the retention and degree completion rates of underrepresented or marginalized student groups to ensure equitable outcomes.
- Goal 2: Increase recruitment, hiring, and retention of faculty & staff, particularly those from underrepresented groups.
- Goal 1: Create a sustainable infrastructure that supports an equitable and inclusive living, learning and working community.
- Goal 2: Establish collaborative relationships among and between student groups and resources in the Utica College and greater Utica community to enhance educational, professional and social opportunities and experiences.
- Goal 3: Develop formal, ongoing training programs for students and employees around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Goal 1: Develop curriculum exploring diverse perspectives within and across disciplines.
- Goal 2: Develop and refine first-year experience and diversity-related core requirements.
- Goal 3: Include diversity, equity and inclusion goals in administrative program reviews, academic program reviews, and individual performance reviews.
- Goal 4: Incorporate high impact educational practices across the College to create an equitable and inclusive learning environment that supports underrepresented, marginalized and high-risk student groups.
- Goal 1: Develop more effective distribution strategy specifically in terms of intentional messaging around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Goal 2: Develop effective avenues of communication between faculty, staff, students, alumni, administration and other constituencies related to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Goal 3: Develop resources and processes to effectively report and address bias and equity-related concerns.
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.