Watch your utica.edu messages for PIN number and registration information. Use your Plan of Study or advising worksheet as a guide for which classes to register. If you do not have a Plan of Study, please contact your advisor or Success Coach. Advisor/success coach information can be found under the program-specific section below.
Make sure to have your BannerWeb username, password, and alternate registration PIN. Course progress can be monitored through BannerWeb Degree Evaluation.
For financial aid (FAFSA) questions, please contact your Student Financial Services counselor (see below).
Last Name A-Lf: Ms. Wendy Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Name Li-Z: Mr. Michael Blehar - email@example.com
ABSN: Mr. Kyle Dempster - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: full payment or a valid FAFSA (on file) at Utica College is required on the payment due date (contact representative above for information on payment due dates).
Utica College does not accept employer tuition deferrals. If you have employer tuition benefits, you will need to pay up-front with reimbursement coming from your employer at the end of the class session, or establish alternate means of payment with your employer.
Assistance with registration: (315) 792-3001. Please have your SFS password
available to verify your identity.
Recommended Registration Deadlines
- Non-residency Courses - please allow yourself time to order books and supplies. We ask that you register for courses no less than two weeks prior to term start.
- Residency-related Courses - please allow yourself time to arrange travel and accommodations, as well as to order books and supplies. We ask that you register for your residency-related coursework no less than two weeks prior to residency start.
REGISTER FOR COURSES
Meet with your advisor to discuss your Academic Goals and to obtain your Alternate Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Review your Registration Status. This will tell you when you can register and whether there are any holds that will prevent you from registering. If you have any holds, you need to work with the relevant offices to resolve them before you register. Here is how to review your status:
- Go to https://bannerweb.utica.edu
- Click “Enter Secure Area” and enter your UC username/password
- Click “Student and Financial Aid”
- Click “Registration”
- Click “Select a Term” – choose a term from the dropdown list and submit
- Click ”Registration Status” to determine if you have any holds on your account which may prohibit registration and to determine when the dates and times you are authorized to register.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES:
Please use your study plan as a reference. You can also contact your academic advisor or success coach. When in doubt, call our office to find out which courses to register for:
(866) 295-3106 (Cybersecurity, PPtDPT, FCM)
Here's how to register:
- Follow steps 1 though 5 above to log in to BannerWeb, enter the Registration area and select a Term
- Click on Add or Drop Classes If you receive a message that you have a blocked registration because of a hold, you will need to contact the relevant office before you can proceed.
- Enter your Alternate PIN – Note: You must contact your advisor to find out what your alternate PIN is. Your alternate PIN is unique to you, it cannot be used by anyone else, and must not be shared with anyone else.
- You are now ready to register. There are two ways to register:
Option 1 – Class Search Method allows you to look up the Course Reference Number (CRN) during the registration process. Here is how to do it:
- Click on the Class Search button
- Select at least one subject and any combination of other information
- Click on the Class Search button
- Click on the Select box to choose the section(s)
- To immediately register for the section, click the Register button, then repeat steps a – e for additional classes. To save the section and continue searching for more classes click on Add To Worksheet. If you choose Add To Worksheet, click the Submit button when you are done.
Note: Closed sections will have a C in the select column
Option 2 – CRN Registration is best if you already know the Course Reference Number (CRN) of the courses for which you wish to register. CRNs can be found in the Schedule of Courses which is available as a PDF file on the Web.
- If you know the CRNs you want to register for enter one CRN per block in the Add Classes Worksheet
- Click on the Submit Changes button
- As you register for courses, successful registrations will be displayed as ** Web Registered ** under the heading of Current Schedule at the top of the page.
- Click Exit
Error Messages in BannerWeb
Carefully read any Registration Add Error messages and take appropriate actions. These messages normally mean that the registration was not completely successful. The more common error messages are:
PREREQ and TEST SCORE ERROR – You have not taken the required prerequisites for this class
PROGRAM RESTRICTION –The sections is restricted to students in specific curriculums. You are not qualified to register for the section. (Could also be MAJOR or CLASS restriction)
DUPLICATE CRN – You have already registered for this section TIME CONFLICT – You are trying to register for two sections meeting during the same time CLOSED SECTION – The section is full.
RESERVE CLOSED – The seats reserved for your class (freshman, sophomore etc) are full.
LINK ERROR – Some courses require that you register for both a lecture and a lab section. You are missing one of the sections. You must register for both lecture and lab in one submit transaction. ** Helpful Hint **: A common scenario is that a student will successfully register for a lecture and a lab and later decide to change to a different lab section while keeping the same lecture section. The best way to accomplish this to ensure that you do not lose your seat in the lecture section is as follows:
Locate the CRN you wish to drop in your Current Schedule. In the Action field, select Drop Web from the drop-down list box.
Using either the CRN Method or the Class Search Method in step 12, add the CRN of the new lab section to the Add Classes Worksheet
Click the Submit Changes button
HOW TO DROP A COURSE:
- Login to BannerWeb by entering your username and password
- Click on Student and Financial Aid
- Click on Registration
- Click on Select a Term – choose a term from the drop down list – submit
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
- Locate the CRN you wish to drop in your Current Schedule. In the Action field, select Drop Web from the drop-down list box.
- Click the Submit Changes button.
- Check your Current Schedule to make sure it is complete. Remaining successful registrations will be displayed as ** Web Registered **.
- Click Exit