Parking and Vehicle Registration
There are several parking spaces for visitors on the Utica College campus. Cars driven by students, faculty, and staff must be registered with the Office of Campus Safety. Registration and parking decals are free. Decals should be placed in plain view on the rear driver side window.
Parking Rules and Regulations
- Except for cars owned by visitors, all vehicles must be registered with the Office of Campus Safety. If you change vehicles you need to register the new vehicle and receive a new decal.
- The speed limit on campus is 15 mph. Multiple violations will result in the revoking of driving privileges. There are no appeals for speeding tickets.
- There is no passing on campus roads.
- Cars parked in fire lanes (designated by sign and color) will be ticketed. Students, faculty, and staff who need to unload for an event may contact the Office of Campus Safety in advance, and will be allowed to park in a fire lane for up to 10 minutes.
- Only vehicles with handicapped access plates or identification will be allowed to park in handicapped spaces.
- Please do not park:
- On the grass or along the roadway
- In the entrance drives to parking lots
- In designated parking spaces
Please note that cars parked illegally will be ticketed by safety officers. Vehicles with New York State license plates that are missing their Department of Motor Vehicles registration decals will also be ticketed.
Register your vehicle
To register for a vehicle parking permit, please use our online form.
Where to Park on Campus
Compliance with Rules and Regulations
Utica College is a pedestrian campus. Pedestrians have right of way at all times. It is the responsibility of all faculty, staff, and students to read and abide by the regulations. Cooperation and compliance with these rules and regulations by all members of the Utica College community is expected. Failure to comply may result in a parking citation being issued, the vehicle being wheel-locked or towed at the owner’s expense, suspension and/ or revocation of driving privileges on campus, and/or judicial action.
*Operation and parking of ALL vehicles on the Utica College Campus is done at the owner's risk. Utica College shall not be held liable for any theft or damage to vehicles operated or parked on the Utica College Campus.
Tips for Safety and Security
- Always keep your vehicle locked.
- Keep a spare set of keys in a secure place.
- If you witness an accident, report it to Campus Safety: (315) 792-3046.
- If you observe a dangerous problem, (i.e. ice, falling tree limbs, etc.) notify Campus Safety.
- If you observe a suspicious person or persons in a parking area or College building, notify Campus Safety.
- Never leave a running automobile unattended.
- Maintain the campus speed limit (maximum 15 mph).
Campus Traffic Policies
- Vehicles must be parked within the white painted lines in the assigned lot as designated on the parking permit. To view available parking areas, see UC's campus map.
- The maximum speed limit is 15 mph. Speeding is considered a serious moving violation, as is driving on lawns and sidewalks without permission. Multiple moving violations may result in the loss of privileges to drive and park on campus. There are no appeals for speeding tickets.
- The person to whom the vehicle is registered (College registration) is responsible for fines incurred as a result of a parking violation.
- Abandoned and/or disabled vehicles are subject to towing at the owner’s expense unless special arrangements have been made with Office of Campus Safety.
- Vehicles parked in restricted areas will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense. Towing charges are incurred at the time the tow service is called.
- After repeated violations, vehicles may be wheel-locked and/or towed away at the owner’s expense.
- If there is an automobile accident on campus, it should be reported to Campus Safety immediately.
Parking In The Following Areas Is Prohibited:
- Fire Lanes
- Grass and Lawns
- Walkways and Sidewalks
- Handicapped Areas
- Areas Assigned to Specific Individuals
- Traffic Circles
Any disabled vehicle on Utica College property must be reported to Campus Safety immediately at (315) 792-3046. Failure to do so could result in a parking violation or removal of vehicle at owners’ expense.
*** Please note that in some cases, campus safety may be able to assist with a vehicle issue. Our officers can assist with jump starts and car lockouts. In the event of a lockout or battery failure, call campus safety immediately, and an officer can respond to offer help. ***
Parking and traffic tickets may be appealed within seven days of the violation. To submit an appeal, download the Appeal form here, fill it out, and submit a signed and scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals will not be allowed to be filled out in the office.
The appeals committee will review all appeals and send written notification of the committee’s decision. The decision of the committee is final.
Payment should be made in person or mailed to Utica College's Business Office. Fines for violations range from $25 to $50; a schedule of fines is available in the Office of Campus Safety.
Consult the Student Handbook online or request a print copy from the Office of Student Affairs at (315) 792-3100.
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.