Annual Forensic Anthropology Field School
Albania, Greece, and Romania Dates: May 14 - June 6, 2019
Program is open to:
- UC students (undergraduate and graduate);
- Students of other institutions; and
- Non-credit participants interested in forensic science, bioarchaeology, paleopathology, classical archaeology, museum studies, and heritage tourism.
Trip will include:
- 10-day stay at a bed and breakfast located at the gates of Butrint, a magnificent Greek and Roman archaeological site and Albania's first national park;
- 2 days in Tirana, Albania's capital city;
- 2 days on the historic Greek island of Corfu;
- 5 days in Bucharest, Romania's capital city; and
- Hands-on study with actual skeletal remains from ancient sites and the extensive paleopathology collection at the "Francisc I. Rainer" Anthropology Institute in Bucharest.
Participants may enroll for 6 credits (undergraduate: ANT 347 / graduate: ANT 547)
Non-credit participants are also welcome (based on availability - contact us for more information)