English for Healthcare: Online
For new, future or experienced healthcare workers whose English is a second language, this online course meets your language needs.
What you'll learn
English for Healthcare combines a strong grammar and communication skills development with the specialist vocabulary you need to succeed in your healthcare career.
Each module covers:
- Listening and viewing activities reflecting everyday healthcare scenarios
- Interprofessional simulation experiences
- Medical terminology
- Discussions and readings on the topic of healthcare
- A focus on communication language skills and cultural communication etiquette
- Reading skills relevant to healthcare texts, forms and reports
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to support reading and writing
- Grammar and vocabulary in healthcare context to support reading and writing
- Expressions, vocabulary, abbreviations, and acronyms used in healthcare contexts
- Forms, charts and documentation – how to read them and how to fill them
- Academic writing principles
The course contains topics that reflect the latest developments in the field making it immediately relevant to your needs:
|Medical Terminology||Patient History|
|Health Habits||Communicating with the Patient in Sensitive Scenarios|
|Illnesses, Injuries, Symptoms and Medical Specialties||Planning and Giving Clear Instructions|
|Hospitals, Health Centers, Equipment and Devices||Mental Health and Addictions|
|Healthcare Forms, Insurance and Billing||Public Health|
Utica’s English for Healthcare is ideal for busy individuals who want to improve their English quickly because it offers:
- Course is offered in 15 week or accelerated 8 week delivery with 3 start dates/year.
- 8-Week Term Start Date: January 17, 2022
- 15-Week Term Start Date: January 17, 2022
- An online and mobile-friendly syllabus allowing you to learn and practice in bite-sized lessons.
- Successful performance in the course allows you to apply a portion of the tuition towards a healthcare degree at Utica College.
Cost of attendance is $820*
*additional $25 for course materials
Translate this page:
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.