Bookstore - Student Support
The Utica University Campus Store offers a variety of support services for Utica students.
Renting your textbooks is the best way to save the most amount of money. Our Rent-A-Text program has several benefits for you to take advantage of.
Value: At it's core, Rent-A-Text is about affordability. Students can save, on average, 50 percent or more compared to the price of a new textbook. With variable rental pricing, especially on our used books, students can save upwards of 70 percent compared to the price of a new textbook.
Flexibility: Rent Fearlessly! Rent-A-Text allows students to highlight, take notes and easily convert a rental to a purchase should they decide they want to keep the textbook.
Convenience: Only the campus store can ensure that students buy the correct course materials and that they have access to textbooks the day classes begin. We're conveniently located right on campus, and we accept payment options like financial aid both in store and on our website (which is something students can't use anywhere else).
The Rental Process
There are a few key pieces of information that students need to be aware of in order to participate in the Rent-A-Text program:
- Students must be 18 years of age at the time of the rental transaction. (Student under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian rent the textbook(s) on their behalf until the student reaches the age of 18)
- A valid, major credit card must be put on file to act as collateral in the event the textbook is not returned by the due date or if it is not returned in salable condition.
- The rental fee is due at the time of the transaction.
- Students that rent for the first time can be 'express' registered for the program in store at the registers. The student will be required to go online to complete the registration process in order to rent additional textbooks.
- Rented textbooks can be highlighted and written in, but must be returned in salable condition. (i.e. No broken spines, water damage, etc.)
- Rental books can be converted to purchase at any time after the rental transaction and prior to the due date.
- All rented textbooks must be returned by the due date. The due date is indicated on the receipt. Email reminders will be sent to the address on file as a reminder, but it remains the responsibility of the patron to ensure that the book has been returned to the store on time.
- Students that do not return the rental books by the due date will be subject to "non-return charges and processing fees."
For more information, including the detailed rental agreement, please visit rental.bkstr.com. On this site, you can establish and update your rental patron account, view the rental agreement, and maintain your collateral.
Please send any questions regarding the Rent-A-Text program to email@example.com.
Digital textbooks are a great option for any student. From the tech savvy to the everyday user, our digital options have features that everyone can take advantage of. The interfaces are user friendly, the books are more portable, and there are often additional features that are not available with traditional print textbooks.
When Digital is a Good Choice
- Offers an intuitive interface and expert technical support
- Ability to take notes, highlight, and bookmark
- Never out of stock - purchase textbook and use it right away.
- Often priced less than new textbooks (see store or our website for details)
- Purchase in store and online with all tender types, including financial aid (when available from school)
- Web-based reader with access on multiple device
- Download textbooks for offline reading (see store for more details)
- Study smarter by sharing notes and insights with others.
There are several digital options that we offer. They are compatible with most computers, tablets, and smartphones. All digital books are accessible online when an internet connection is available. There are some restrictions with downloading content (generally limited to computers and tablets; most smartphones can only access content online).
Digital textbooks are available for purchase in a few different formats.
- Digital rental and digital buy (options and rental duration vary by publisher)
- Follett's BryteWave™ gives students the option to 'Try Before You Buy' and comprises our largest selection of digital textbooks.
- BryteWave™ provides tools to use digital textbooks in ways that you have never been able to before. You can easily search an entire text for specific information in a matter of seconds; you can take notes directly in the text, bookmark important areas, and highlight information for easy recall and review when preparing for exams or writing papers.
- In most cases you are able to share your note(s) with those people that have the same BryteWave™ title as you and are within the same institution setting as you. By default, your notes are private.
- 'Try Before You Buy' - By creating an account through BryteWave™, most publishers allow us to offer access to the book content for a three day period. You will have access to the full BryteWave™ functionality.
- After the 'Try Before You Buy' trial period has ended, you will lose access to the book content. However, any notes or highlighting will remain available until you decide to purchase the digital book.
Please send any questions regarding our digital textbook options to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The campus store buys textbooks every day. Our major buyback periods present the best opportunity for students to get the most amount of money for their textbooks.
Major Buyback Periods
There are two major buyback periods. The end of the fall semester in December, and the end of the spring semester in May.
Taking Advantage of the Major Buyback Periods
- During our major buyback periods, we may offer up to 50 percent of your book's original price.
- If an instructor has requested your book for the next term, the value increases.
- Even if we are overstocked or the book has not been requested for the next term, we may still purchase it.
Condition of the Textbook
Textbooks must be in salable condition in order for us to buy them back from you.
- All pages, bindings, and covers are intact and complete.
- Pages should not be torn, missing, marked up or highlighted excessively so that print is obscured.
- Textbooks with water damage, stains, and/or pages sticking together are not considered to be in "good condition." Generally, these books are not considered to be in salable condition.
Where to Sell Your Books Back
- At the campus store during regular business hours (Campus ID is required).
- Click here to sell your books back online.
- Text 1301 to TEXTBK (839825) & see what your books are worth.
Please send any additional questions you may have to: email@example.com
BookLook & BookNow
BookLook is the system that publishes all of the required course materials on the school schedule. The Higher Education Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires all of this information be publicly displayed when the upcoming semester schedule is posted. Click here for instructions on how to use this system.
BookNow is an enhancement to the BookLook system that allows students to both view their required course materials as well as place an order for those materials through BannerWeb! Click here for instructions on this process.
Student Discover supports student success by enabling the purchase, access, and management of course materials in one location. This tool enhances access to course materials, so students spend less time searching for their course materials and more time using them.
Access to the Student Discover tool will be through the campus LMS (Moodle) or SIS (Banner). Student Discover supports single sign-on, which means that the student logs into the source system, (LMS and/or SIS) and is seamlessly passed through to Student Discover where content can be accessed.
Software & Hardware
The Campus Store offers some software in store. We offer a much wider assortment of academically discounted software options through our online partner site: JourneyEd. Click here for more information.
We offer several hardware options on our website. This includes laptops, tablets, external hard drives, voice recorders and more. Click here to visit our website. Many of these options are available for special order and can be paid for with financial aid via book line of credit (when available).
The Campus Store is proud to offer these services. For clarification or additional information, please send any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Line of Credit
Students may be eligible to use excess funds towards the purchase of textbooks, supplies, and other merchandise at the campus store.
Please contact the Center for Student Success here or visit their website for more details.
Students eligible to use excess financial aid funds towards a "Book Line of Credit" (BLOC), Effective Fall 2018, BLOC's will be available on Bannerweb, for students to submit requests.
Students should login and select Student Services, then select Book Line of Credit. There, you can input the amount requested (up to a max of $1500).
The requests will be reviewed by SFS and approved or denied. Approval/Denial will generate an auto email to the student with any comments if necessary. Please note, all paperwork must be completed (including verification and TAP application) in order for eligibility for BLOC's to be approved and ensure that you have coordinated your eligibility with a financial aid adviser.
If you have any questions regarding the usage of your (BLOC), please email the campus store at email@example.com.
Commencement is the celebration honoring the academic achievements, through hard work and dedication, of the students graduating from Utica College. For those students participating in each ceremony, the campus store is here to make sure you're dressed your best for the event!
Keep up to date on the undergraduate and graduate ceremonies by visiting the colleges official Commencement Webpage.
Students that wish to participate in their commencement ceremony must RSVP and order their regalia online. Please take note of the deadlines for submitting your RSVP and regalia orders (especially for custom accessories) if you plan to attend your ceremony. For more information on submitting your RSVP and regalia order, please select the appropriate link:
For more information about the regalia and accessories, see below.
Hours of Operation During Commencement
The campus store attends both the undergraduate and graduate ceremonies. The store is open the day of the graduate ceremony and closed on the day of the undergraduate ceremony. The exact hours of operation will be updated and posted a few months prior to next year's ceremonies.
Graduates will be dressed in navy blue gowns. Each undergraduate student will receive a cap, gown, and tassel with year date. Each masters student will receive a navy cap, navy gown, tassel, and hood (color specific to denote the student's major). Each doctoral student will receive blue gown with orange chevrons, navy and teal hood (representing the physical therapy program), and a fine quality navy tam with gold tassel.
There are several additional items that the campus store offers. While they are not mandatory for participation, they serve to accent and enhance the graduation experience!
Show your school colors with pride! While the commemorative tassel cannot be worn at either ceremony, it's the ideal portable keepsake item.
The stole of gratitude is for our undergraduate students to display the achievement of their hard work during the commencement ceremony. On the right side, we silkscreen the student's major. On the left side, we have embroidered the school logo. Wear this item proudly!
Note: the stole of gratitude is permitted for wear at the undergraduate ceremony only. The stole is not permitted to be worn at the graduate ceremony.
Gold Plated and Rhodium Plated
As a graduate of the Utica College Nursing program, the pin symbolizes a nursing student's well-earned achievement. Received at the pinning ceremony, this high honor welcomes graduates into the nursing profession. Available at the campus store, students can select a variety of high quality finishes for their pin.
- Nursing pin purchases include a complementary engraving of the student's initials and the year of graduation.
- Nursing pins are available in the following finishes:
- Gold Plated
- Rhodium (silver) Plated
- Sterling Silver
- Single Gold Filled (Yellow/White)
- Double Gold Filled (Yellow/White)
- 10K Gold (Yellow/White)
- 14K Gold (Yellow/White)
Pricing for our pins is subject to change. Please contact the store for more information. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery.
The campus store has partnered with Jostens for all of your alumni needs. Please visit their website or call them at (800) 854-7464.
To celebrate each commencement ceremony, the campus store is happy to offer flowers for the occasion. As the ceremony approaches, students and their families can pre-order bouquets online. Click here to find out more info. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apparel, Gifts, and Diploma Frames
The campus store website has all of your commencement gifts and gear, including diploma frames. Click here to check out our selections.
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.