Health Care Management
About This Program
You’re a people person, but you’re also business minded. You’re happiest when you’re helping others — through face-to-face interactions and behind the scenes. You’re organized and focused. Health care management may be the major for you.
Why Utica College
Utica College's health care management program is designed specifically for students who plan to enter the health or health-related professions in a managerial capacity. Part of UC's Business and Economics department and taught by UC’s skilled faculty, the health care management major offers a multidisciplinary foundation and advanced knowledge that will prepare graduates for professional opportunities as administrators in a variety of fields relating to human health and wellness.
Health Care Management at Utica
- Hospital Administration
- Corporate Management
- Public Health
Know Your Worth
Ready to Lead
What You'll Learn
The health care management major features core study in management, accounting, finance, business law, statistics and business math. Also included are:
- Courses in health studies, gerentology, and psychology help to deepen students’ understanding of the physical and psychological needs of patients and clients
- Economics courses provide a basis for understanding the effect of economic behavior at the level of the firm.
- Courses in anthropology and social studies develop an awareness of how the U.S. health care system operates, and of the broader social and cultural context for health and health care delivery.
- A course in ethics provides an opportunity to explore fully the ethical principles involved in health care.
Health Care Management Faculty
A Degree That Works
The health care management major prepares you for rewarding careers in hospital administration, corporate management, public health, education, and other fields. Graduates of UC's management program have taken leadership positions at:
- New York City Department of Education
- MEDITECH, Inc.
- Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare
- NYU Langone Medical Center
The Health Care Management major gives you a multidisciplinary foundation and advanced knowledge that will prepare you for professional opportunities as an administrator in a variety of fields relating to human health and wellness.
Utica College Value
Voices from across the College community talk about the value of a Utica College education.