Health Care Management
About This Program
You’re a people person, but you’re also business minded. You’re happiest when you’re helping others — through face-to-face interactions and behind the scenes. You’re organized and focused. Health care management may be the major for you.
Why Utica College
Offered in both a traditional on-ground experience or through an online format, Utica College's Health Care Management Program is designed specifically for students who plan to enter the health care field or health-related professions in a managerial capacity. The Program is in the Business and Economics Department in the School of Business and Justice Studies. Students are taught by BJS's skilled faculty. The Health Care Management major offers a multidisciplinary foundation and advanced knowledge to prepare graduates for professional opportunities as administrators in a variety of fields relating to human health and wellness.
*The degree does not lead to a professional credential or prepare the student for licensure in any of the health fields.
Health Care Management at Utica
- Health Care Manager/Administrator
- Assistant Health Care Manager/Administrator
- Assistant Health Services Administrator
- HR Coordinator
- Care Management Associate
Know Your Worth
Ready to Lead
What You'll Learn
The Health Care Management major features core study in management, accounting, finance, economics, management, law, statistics, and business math. Also included are:
- Courses in health studies, gerontology, and psychology help to deepen students’ understanding of the physical and psychological needs of patients and clients
- Economics courses provide a basis for understanding the effect of economic behavior at the level of the firm.
- Courses in anthropology and social studies develop an awareness of how the U.S. health care system operates, and of the broader social and cultural context for health and health care delivery.
- A Course in ethics provides an opportunity to explore fully the ethical principles involved in health care.
The Health Care Management major gives students a multidisciplinary foundation and advanced knowledge that will prepare you for professional opportunities as an administrator in a variety of fields relating to human health and wellness.
**New Advanced Seminar Policy: there must be no longer than one year between when a student completes Advanced Seminar and enrolls in Capstone. If one year or longer has elapsed since taking Advanced Seminar, students will need to retake Advanced Seminar at their own expense.
Health Care Management Faculty
- Director, Healthcare Management Programs, Professor of Practice - School of B&JS
A Degree That Works
The health care management major prepares you for rewarding careers in hospital administration, corporate management, public health, education, and other fields. Graduates of UC's management program have taken leadership positions at:
- New York City Department of Education
- MEDITECH, Inc.
- Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare
- NYU Langone Medical Center
The Health Care Management major gives you a multidisciplinary foundation and advanced knowledge that will prepare you for professional opportunities as an administrator in a variety of fields relating to human health and wellness.
Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare
Made possible through an anonymous multi-year gift commitment totaling $2.8 million, the multi-disciplinary institute promotes advanced learning and research in the emerging field of integrative healthcare, which brings together a broad range of practices in support of patient health and well-being.Learn More
The Interprofessional Education (IPE) program at Utica College helps you develop a deeper understanding of a broad range of roles in the health professions so that you can effectively team up with practitioners in other disciplines to deliver outstanding patient care.Learn More
Utica College Value
Voices from across the College community talk about the value of a Utica College education.
Need help with your English Language skills?
Utica College offers an English for Healthcare program for those looking to improve English fluency, accuracy, vocabulary, communication skills, and confidence in order to take the next step in your healthcare career.Learn More