Unnati Shah, Ph.D.
Dr. Unnati Shah (she/her/hers) received her Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from S. V. National Institute of Technology, in 2022. Her dissertation is titled, Analysis and Investigation of Novel Approaches for Specification and Identification of Conflicts in Non-Functional Requirements. She received her M. Tech. in Computer Engineering from S. V. National Institute of Technology, in 2013. Her master’s thesis is titled “Resolving Ambiguity in Natural Language Specification to Generate UML Diagrams for Requirements Specification”. Her undergraduate degree is a B.E. in Computer Engineering from the Veer Narmad South Gujarat University. Her teaching interests are in the area of Software Engineering, Programming Languages, Computer Network, and System Software.
Her research explores the generation of technical specifications of Software Requirements (SRs) to produce computing systems. Typically, users convey SRs in natural language statements that initially appear easy to state. However, being stated in natural language, the statement of SRs often tends to suffer from misinterpretations and imprecise inferences. As a result, the SRs specified may lead to ambiguities in the software specifications. By integrating concepts from Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Quality Ontology, she investigates approaches to generating unambiguous specifications of SRs.
Opportunities for Student Research and Collaboration
Students have several possibilities to undertake research under Dr. Shah's guidance, and she is now looking for enthusiastic students with an interest in software requirements engineering. Students may either work with her to direct their own independent research or take part in one of her existing initiatives. She would like to work with students both during the regular academic year and over the summer.
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, S. V. National Institute of Technology, India
M. Tech. in Computer Engineering, S. V. National Institute of Technology, India
B. E. in Computer Engineering, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, India
Recent Research Publications (* indicates undergraduate collaborators)
- Shah, U.S., Patel, S.J. and Jinwala, D.C., 2021. Detecting Intra-conflicts in Non-Functional Requirements. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems.29(3), pp. 435-461. Doi: 10.1142/S0218488521500197
- Shah, U.S., Patel, S.J. and Jinwala, D.C., 2020. Constructing a Knowledge-Based Quality Attributes Relationship Matrix to Identify Conflicts in Non-Functional Requirements. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 17(1), pp.122-129. Doi: 10.1166/jctn.2020.8638
- Shah, U., Patel, S. and Jinwala, D., 2020, March. A Semi-automated Approach to Generate an Adaptive Quality Attribute Relationship Matrix. In International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (pp. 239-256). Springer, Cham. Doi: 10.1007/978-3- 030-44429-7_17
- Shah, U., Patel, S. and Jinwala, D., 2019, March. An Ontological Approach to Specify Conflicts among Non-Functional Requirements. In Proceedings of the 2019 2nd International Conference on Geoinformatics and Data Analysis (pp. 145-149). ACM. Doi: 10.1145/3318236.3318257
- Shah, U.S., Jinwala, D.C. and Patel, S.J., 2016. An excursion to software development life cycle models: an old to ever-growing models. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, 41(1), pp.1-6. Doi: 10.1145/2853073.2853080
- Shah, U.S., Patel, S. and Jinwala, D., 2016. Specification of Non-Functional Requirements: A Hybrid Approach. In REFSQ Workshops.
- Shah, Unnati S., and Devesh C. Jinwala. 2015, Resolving ambiguities in natural language software requirements: a comprehensive survey. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes Vol. 40, no. 5: 1-7, 2015. (DOI: 10.1145/2815021.2815032).
- Shah, U., Desai, V. et.al. *, 2023. OCEANDROID. In Mobile Application Development: Practice and Experience (pp. 105-116). Springer, Singapore. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-19-6893-8_9
- Desai V., Shah, U., et. al.*, 2023. Impact of Covid-19 on IT Business. In Mobile Application Development: Practice and Experience (pp. 105-116). Springer, Singapore. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-19-6893-8_4
- Quality Attribute Relationship Matrix Construction. 2nd International Conference on Recent trends in applied sciences & computing engineering (RTASCE 2023), VIT Bhopal University, India, 7-9 July 2023
- Recognition of Conflicts among Non-Functional requirements. ACM New York Celebration of Women in Computing Conference NYCWic'23, New York, USA, 14-15 April 2023
- Research Directions in Software Requirements Engineering, S. V. National Institute of Technology, India, November 2022
CSC 425: Operating System Concepts
CSC 325: Programming Languages
CSC 323: Introduction to Networks
CSC 102: Computer Science– II
CSC 101: Computer Science – I
CSC 117: Microcomputers and Application Software
Short Term Training Programs Attended
- Design Thinking – A primer, April 2023
- Tableau for Business Intelligence, January 2022
- Recent trends in Information Security and Privacy, October 2021
- Python, May 2021
- Software Development Life Cycle, May 2021
- Sustainable Techniques for Rural Development (Unnat Bharat), May 2021
- Insight into Data Science and its Applications, January 2021
- Image Processing and its Application, September 2020
- Internet of Things with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, September 2020
- Environment and sustainability, May 2020 (International FDP, 4 Weeks)
- Software Engineering, October 2019
- Design Engineering Level 1, September 2018
- Advance in Big Data Analytics, December 2016
- Privacy-Preserving Data Mining, May 2015
- Machine Learning, June 2013
- Wireless Sensor Networks: Application and Security Issues, May 2013
- International winter school on Trust Management in ICT, February 2012
- Advances in Data Structure, December 2009
- Computer Architecture, December 2009
- Nanotechnology and Applications, July 2009
- Cyber Security, January 2009
- Machine Learning and Soft Computing, December 2008
- July 2023 - Program Committee Member for RTASCE 2023, VIT Bhopal University, India, 7 – 9 July 2023.
- June 2023 - NLPD 2023. 4th International Conference on NLP & Big Data, Sydney, Australia, 17 – 18 June 2023
- April 2023 - Program Committee Member for CCSC NE 2023. 27th Annual Conference of Consortium for Computing Science in Colleges Northeast Region, New York, USA, 14-15 April 2023.
- April 2023 -Technical Committee Member for ICoSSE 2023. International Conference on Software and System Engineering, France, 13-15 April 2023.
- February 2023 - Requirements Engineering Book Proposal reviewer, Springer
- February 2023 - COMS2 2023. 4th International Conference on Computing Science, Communication and Security,India, 6-7 February 2023
- December 2022 - Technical Committee Member for ICISPD 2022. International Conference on Information Security, Privacy and Digital Forensics, December 2022
- December 2022 - Technical Committee Member for ISPDA 2022. International Conference on Security, Privacy and Data Analytics, December 2022
- November 2022 - Research Talk at S. V. National Institute of Technology, India. 11-Nov-2022
- October 2022 - Present - Journal Editor and Board Member for JENRS Journal of Engineering Research and Science from October 2022
- August 2022 - Project Evaluator for Smart India Hackathon (SIH) by the All-India Council for technical education
- June 2022 - Technical Committee Member for IAAST 2022. International Association of Applied Science and Technology, June 2022
- April 2022 - Technical Committee Member for ICSSC 2022. International Conference on Software and Services Engineering, April 2022
- February 2022 - Present - Journal Reviewer for Science Publishing group for Software Engineering (SE) - Journal of Engineering Research and Science (Reviewer code: JSR00917)
- February 2022 - Present - Journal of Cleaner Production, Elsevier
- December 2021 - Technical Committee Member for ISPDA 2021. International Conference on Security, Privacy and Data Analytics, December 2021
- August 2021 - Project Evaluator for Smart India Hackathon (SIH) by the All-India Council for technical education
- January 2021 - Project Evaluator for TOYCATHON 2021 by Ministry of Education Innovation Cell, India
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.