Professional Staff Advisory Council (PSAC)
What We Do
Drawing on the collective experience and knowledge of Utica University staff to provide insight and advisement to the President for the success of students, the University, and staff.
The purpose of the Professional Staff Advisory Council (PSAC) governance group is to draw on the collective education, expertise, and experience of our members to provide thoughtful and creative advisement to the President of Utica University in matters pertaining to the well-being and success of our students, the University, and ourselves.
PSAC's official by laws were ratified by the Utica University Board of Trustees on March 14, 2014.
PSAC Executive Committee
- President - Christopher Specht (6/1/21 - 5/21/23)
- Vice President - Kristin St. Hilaire (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
- Administrative Secretary - Erin McCarthy (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- Recording Secretary - Mike Clapsadl (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
- Member at Large - Julie Laribee (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- Member at Large - Bethany VanBenschoten (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
- Member at Large - Alison Ricci-Wadas (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
- Member at Large - Susan Johnston (6/1/22 - 5/31/23)
Show your appreciation for your fellow colleagues when they have gone above and beyond by sending them a Kudos Card and be entered into a drawing for a trip to the College Bookstore for some awesome swag.
Walking / Fitness Trail Initiative
Please check out the following walking trails developed by the Fitness Trail Committee:
- Inner Loop - .75 miles
- Outer Loop - 1.4 miles
- Athletics View Loop - 1.3 miles
- Dreaming of the Boilermaker Route
- FYI - 2 miles from the corner of Burrstone and Champlin to Caroline Street and back
Walk them and let the Committee members know what you think and any suggestions you may have. The Committee would love to hear your thoughts.
Community Garden Initiative
During the summer, Utica staff tend to 4 raised vegetable beds behind the residential area on campus. For more information, please contact Jessica Skeldon.
Nominate a staff member for the PSAC Award in Excellence in Professional Service.
PSAC Initiatives Committee
- Chair - Kristin St. Hilaire (6/1/21 - 5/31/22)
- General Member - Jessica Skeldon (6/1/19 - 5/31/22)
- General Member - Bethany VanBenschoten (6/1/19 - 5/31/22)
- General Member - Doug Croft (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- General Member - Alison Ricci-Wadas (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
PSAC Resource Committee
- Chair - OPEN
- John Oevering
- Paula Bochniak
- Bethany VanBenschoten
- OPEN POSITION
- Ex-Officio - Lisa Green
PSAC Nominating Committee
- Chair - Michael Roberts (6/1/19 - 5/31/22)
- General Member - Nina Nguyen (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- General Member - Adi Pasic (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- Executive Member 1 - Julie Laribee (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- Executive Member 2 - Mariann Munson (6/1/21 - 5/31/23)
- Executive Member 3 - Bethany Van Benschoten (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
- Executive Member 4 - Alison Ricci-Wadas (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
- Executive Member 5 - Susan Johnston (6/1/22 - 5/31/24)
PSAC Excellence in Professional Service Committee
- Chair - Mark Kovacs
- Faculty - Greg Walsh
- Student - Isabella Gilbert
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (including counseling, legal/financial consultations, child/elder care resources, and more)
- Tuition Benefits
- and much more.
Discounts on products, services, and hotels
- See also the Employee Benefits page above which also includes LifeLock, Verizon, and BJs Wholesale club discount information.
University Engagement and Professional Development Portal
IT Training / Help
University Org Chart
Click here for more resources
Here's your chance to speak up, speak your mind and ask the questions. PSAC wants you to be able to voice your questions and concerns completely anonymously. This is not intended to report personnel issues or handle situations that should be discussed with Human Resources.
There are two submission options:
- Paper suggestion forms and envelopes are routinely distributed to offices. Fill out a form with your question or suggestion, drop it in Campus Mail. It will be delivered to Campus Safety and placed into a sealed box.
- Digital Google Form suggestion box. This form does not collect your name or any other personal information but if you're concerned about the privacy of posting information this way, use the paper option above. We wanted you to have options you're comfortable with and this one is fast and easy.
PSAC Executive Committee periodically opens the box and checks the digital form submissions. Suggestions will be vetted and may be acted upon at the discretion of the committee members. Comments will be passed along to appropriate members of the administration when possible so your voice can be heard.
This is completely anonymous without any tracking of where the questions are coming from. Change cannot happen without speaking up!
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.