Health & Physical Education Teacher Prep
About This Program
If you're looking to get your New York State certification to teach physical education (PE) and health education (HE) and coach interschool athletics, then the Health and Physical Education Teacher Prep program is for you!
Why Utica University
The program utilizes the Physical Education and Health Education content from the undergraduate Health Education & Physical Education (B.S.) program and applies that knowledge as students become qualified teachers. It is designed primarily for students matriculating from the Utica University undergraduate Health Education & Physical Education (B.S.) program but students holding a degree from another institution may also be eligible for admission.
Office of Graduate Admissions
Health & Physical Education Teacher Prep at Utica
- Elementary School Teacher
- Jr High School / High School / Secondary School Teacher
- Higher Education
- Sports Coach
- Athletic DIrector
- State Regulatory Offices
A Strong Foundation
What You'll Learn
Students in the Health & Physical Education Teacher Prep program will:
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate, inclusive, lessons and student learning activities which promote physical, intellectual, emotional, and social well-being.
- Create, apply, and analyze assessment of student learning; using results and self-reflection to shape instructional practices.
This program requires moderate physical activity including running, jumping, climbing, and tumbling. Students must complete a minimum of 100 hours of fieldwork. Student teaching in physical education and health education is also required.
Health & Physical Education Teacher Prep Faculty
- Assistant Professor of Physical Education, Exercise & Wellness Studies
The Interprofessional Education (IPE) program at Utica University helps you develop a deeper understanding of a broad range of roles in the health professions so that you can effectively team up with practitioners in other disciplines to deliver outstanding patient care.LEARN MORE