About This Program
Utica College’s nationally recognized cybersecurity program equips students with skills they need to be on the forefront of the information intelligence industry.
Why Utica College
With the demand for cybersecurity experts higher than ever and growing, a degree from Utica College, a national leader in cyber education, will give you the edge today’s employers want. The BS Cybersecurity program is available both online and on campus.
Cybersecurity at Utica
"UC has always been in the vanguard of cybersecurity. We have worked with every government agency you can think of, and all of them speak highly of us and our graduates."
- Corporate and Industrial Security
- Law Enforcement
- Government Intelligence Services
- Homeland Security
- and More!
National Designations For Excellence
What You'll Learn
- CRJ 101 - Seminar in Justice Studies (1)
- CRJ 103 - Introduction to Criminal Justice (3)
- PHI 107 - Ethics (3)
- MAT 147 - Mathematics for Cyber Security (3)
- CSC 207 - Linux for Security and Forensics (3)
- CYB 205 - Software Foundations for Cybersecurity (3)
- CYB 228 - Cyber Technology for Criminal Justice (3)
- SOC 274 - Criminology (3)
- CYB 333 - Information Security (3)
- CYB 362 - Information System Threats, Attacks, and Defense (3)
- CRJ 335 - Cybercrime Law and Investigations (3)
- GOV 341 - Jurisprudence of the Criminal Law (3)
- CRJ 461 - Proseminar in Justice Studies (3)
- CRJ 470 - Criminal Justice - Internship (6 to 15)
- CRJ 475 - Senior Project (3)
The cybersecurity program integrates learning in criminology, criminal justice, economic crime, and computer science. UC’s award-winning faculty brings a broad range of real-world experience to the classroom—and beyond. With their guidance, students learn how to communicate, work in teams, and solve problems leading cybersecurity experts face every day.
The program offers four specializations:
- Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation - Combines elements of computer science with computer forensics and vulnerability assessment. Learn to investigate cyber related incidents in a computer network environment.
- Information Assurance – Gain an understanding of the wide range of vulnerabilities and threats that affect corporate and government computer networks and be prepared to protect critical information in cyberspace.
- Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation - Learn the latest techniques used to accumulate data and evidence in prosecuting cybercrimes, such as credit card fraud, intellectual property theft, pedophilia, terrorism, hacking, and more.
- Cyber Operations - Learn defensive and offensive tactics, techniques and procedures. Focus on computer programming, as well as operating systems, vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
A Degree That Works
UC’s cybersecurity alumni have gone on to successful careers in corporate and industrial security, law enforcement, government intelligence services, homeland security, and more.
Intensive Learning: Jared DeCrosta
An intensive learning experience featuring Cybersecurity major Jared DeCrosta, who works in Utica College's Northeast Cyber Forensics Center.
Student Voices: Kyle Carr '16
A conversation with Kyle Carr, a cybersecurity major with a minor in computer science, about studying computer forensics, participating in the Central New York Hackathon, and being a part of the Utica College community.
Faculty Voices: Joe Giordano
Professor of Cybersecurity Joe Giordano talks briefly about Utica College's two "Center of Excellence" designations in Cybersecurity Education.