Graduate Commencement Ceremony
This website is in the process of being updated please continue to check back for the most current information
Students completing one of the following degrees are eligible to participate in the Graduate Commencement Ceremony:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity
- Master's degree in Criminal Justice Administration
- Master's degree in Economic Crime Management
- Master's degree in Education
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration
- Master's degree in Liberal Studies
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Advanced Graduate Certificate (CAS in Education; Gerontology)
DATE: Saturday, May 16, 2015
TIME: 2:00 p.m.
*note graduates need to arrive at The Stanley no later than 1:15 pm
LOCATION: The Stanley Theatre, 261 Genesee St, Utica, NY 13501
To participate in the May 2015 Commencement Ceremony:
- Apply for degree no later than March 15, 2015- Please apply for your degree according to when you anticipate completing all program requirements via the link to the left. August '15 graduates are welcome to participate in May 2015 Commencement as long as they apply for degree by the March 15 deadline (Submitting this application after March 15 will result in your name not being printed in the commencement program).
- RSVP no later than April 15, 2015 - Students wishing to participate in the Graduate Commencement Ceremony MUST notify Utica College of this intention by submitting an RSVP via the link on the left by the April 15 deadline. August 2015 graduates must RSVP no later than April 1,2015. Failure to RSVP by the deadline means a student will NOT be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Order Regalia (cap, gown, and hood) no later than April 15, 2015 - Students are required to order their cap and gown through the Utica College Bookstore (via the link to the left).
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
There will be a shuttle bus, to transport graduates and their guests, running from the Utica College campus, Strebel Circle to the Stanley and returning to the Utica College after the ceremony. Buses will leave every few minutes from the Strebel Circle starting around 12:30 p.m., and the last bus will leave the campus at 1:40 p.m. to head to The Stanley. There is some free parking within a 5-block radius of The Stanley Theatre. This includes a public city lot beside the Stanley, parking lots behind Bank of America and Citizen's Bank across from the Stanley, and street parking. There is also parking in the M&T Bank lot (off Bank Place one block North of the Stanley), in the City Hall lot (off Broadway, a two block walk to the Stanley), and in numerous other smaller lots in the area. Handicapped parking is limited – one space in front of the Stanley and several in the public city lot beside the Stanley, but physically challenged individuals may be dropped off and picked up in front of the Stanley.
Graduates and their guests are invited to a reception following the ceremony. The reception will be held on the Utica College Campus and will feature light refreshments.