Mission, Values, and Learning Outcomes
The Office of Student Living and College Engagement provides services, entertainment, education and opportunities that will enrich students’ residential and co-curricular experiences at Utica College. Through social and educational efforts, the office impacts student persistence while developing individuals that will make meaningful contributions to Utica College and their future communities.
The office empowers students and paraprofessional staff to learn about leadership, diversity, advocacy, and civic responsibility in order to apply these skills to the communities in which they belong to.
- Student leaders will serve as a effective leaders within the Office of Student Living and College Engagement.
- Student leaders will progressively demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Student leaders will progressively demonstrate the ability to utilize resources when effectively planning and implementing programs or events.
- Student leaders will demonstrate the ability to build an inclusive community where members demonstrate respect for one another.
- Student leaders will demonstrate the ability to mediate and manage conflicts and/or crisis situations.
- Student leaders will demonstrate professionalism and accountability within the Resident Assistant role.
- Students who reside on campus will progressively demonstrate the interpersonal abilities to live, work, and socialize with people who are different from them within a community.
- Students who reside on campus will progressively demonstrate developmentally appropriate skills for lifelong learning.
- Students who attend programs will have a better understanding of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Students who attend programs will enhance their feelings of engagement, belonging, and loyalty to the institution.
- Engaged students will identify their values, interests, and identities and use these attributes to positively shape the Utica College Community
- Students will be able to articulate how their co-curricular involvement integrates into their professional and personal goals.
- The Office of Student Living and College Engagement will strive to provide a satisfying quality of living within the residence halls.
- The Office of Student Living and College Engagement will strive to help students develop a sense of affinity to the college which will aid in the retention of our student population.
- The Office of Student Living and College Engagement will provide students with a well-rounded co-curricular education.