Mission and Goals
We strive to create a community which supports the academic experience by fostering the social, personal, and intellectual growth of our students through the cultivation of healthy living/learning environments. We actively support the mission of the College and the mission of Student Affairs, and fulfill our own mission, in the following ways:
- Providing for the developmental needs of the individual in a professional and personal manner.
- Celebrating the diversity of the Utica College community and challenging our students to continually expand their world view.
- Enhancing the Utica College experience for all campus community members through personal effort, clear and consistent information, and engaging programs.
- Empowering student staff to take a role in fulfilling this mission.
- Collaborating with campus departments in the operation of safe, secure, and well-maintained residence halls.
We support student initiatives which foster a viable and visibly active campus environment in which students can maximize and enhance their college experience through a variety of campus activities. We are dedicated to student success through student participation. Our goals are:
- to provide opportunities to develop valuable leadership skills that will empower students to become successful leaders at Utica College and to position them for success in their chosen careers.
- to create an environment that fosters respect, values all individuals, appreciates diversity, and celebrates the contributions of all.
- to offer students opportunities in leadership, social responsibility, citizenship, as well as build a forum for the cultural, educational, and social involvement of all students.
- through their participation in events and organizations supported by the office, students will communicate a sense of community and demonstrate a level of satisfaction and pride in being affiliated with Utica College.