Spotlight: Lab Technology
In recent years, Utica College has added more than $350,000 in new instrumentation available for use by students in the program.
Major chemistry instrumentation on-site:
- Bruker Avance III DH 400 MHz Fourier Transform Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer (FTNMR) equipped with a multi-nuclear probe (including routine 31P and 19F capabilities) and variable temperature capabilities;
- Two Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometers (FTIR) including a PerkinElmer Spectrum One spectrometer with diffuse reflectance and universal ATR sampling accessories and a PerkinElmer Spectrum Two spectrometer with ATR accessory
- Perkin Elmer Lambda 650 Ultraviolet/Visible (UV/Vis) spectrophotometer with a universal reflectance accessory;
- Thermo Scientific Evolution Diode-Array UV-Visible spectrophotometer with sample changer;
- PerkinElmer LS55 Fluorescence Spectrophotometer;
- Thermo Scientific M Series atomic absorption (AA) spectrometer with flame and graphite furnace atomization;
- Thermo Scientific Spectra System quaternary high performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC) with a diode array detector and auto sampler;
- Thermo Scientific Trace-DSQ II gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer (GC/MS) equipped with a second injection port, flame ionization and electron capture detectors, and an auto sampler;
- Gow-Mac gas chromatograph;
- BASi Epsilon System for Electrochemistry with a controlled growth mercury electrode and a cyclic voltammetry cell stand.
Professor Curtis Pulliam Ph.D. talks about Utica College's NMR Spectrometer:
I would like to see logins and resources for:
For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.