Academic Planning and Assessment
Assessment Activity within the Division of Academic Affairs is guided by the Academic Affairs Divisional Goals, and the Strategic Plan's Institutional Priority 1, The Academic Endeavor: We will build our reputation on prominence or distinction in every educational program.
I. Assessment activity within the Division of Academic Affairs is guided by by the general principles contained in the document
Assessing Institutional Effectiveness at Utica College
. The cycles of assessment for each of the levels under the Division of Academic Affairs are detailed in the Academic Assessment Plan
Assessment activities that support Institutional Effectiveness occur at several levels:
- Institutional-Level assessment of the work of the Division of Academic Affairs,
- Program-Level assessment of academic programs and units.
- Course-Level assessment.
II. Assessment of Student Learning is guided by the Academic Assessment Plan and is coordinated by the Academic Assessment Coordinating Committee.
Assessment of Student Learning occurs at three levels:
- Institution-Level Student Learning Assessment of the College's Five Intellectual Skills,
- Program-Level Student Learning Assessment
- Course-Level Student Learning Assessment
Academic Assessment Coordinating Committee (AACC) Polices and Procedures Handbook
This handbook contains a number of resources including:
- Program Review Schedule
- Criteria for a five-year program review
- Academic Assessment Plan
- Assessment Definitions
Other assessment resources available on this web site include: