Items to Leave at Home
- Pets are not allowed (the exception being pet fish)
- Hanging fishnets, posters, tapestries or any other related items are not allowed because of fire safety policies.
- Hot plates, heating coils, electric frying pans, space heaters, broilers, griddles, toasters, toaster ovens, and other open-coil cooking appliances, incense and incense burners, halogen lamps, candles, and other open-flame items are not allowed due to fire safety policies.
- Any kind of extension cords or multi tap outlets. (surge protectors are acceptable)
- Firearms, fireworks, and dangerous weapons are also not permitted in the halls.
- Cinder blocks are not allowed because they can damage the room floors.
- Room air conditioners are not permitted in the residence halls.
- Wifi routers and wifi printers cause problems with the schools wifi.
When in doubt, contact the Office of Residence Life regarding major changes/modifications to your room and to see if items are permitted on campus.