Items to Leave at Home
- Pets are not allowed (the exception being pet fish)
- Hanging fishnets, posters, or any other item from the ceiling are not allowed because of fire safety policies.
- Hot plates, heating coils, electric frying pans, space heaters, broilers, griddles, toasters, toaster ovens, and other open-coil cooking appliances, incense and incense burners, halogen lamps, candles, and other open-flame items are not allowed due to fire safety policies.
- Firearms, fireworks, and dangerous weapons are also not permitted in the halls.
- Lofts are not permitted in the rooms for various reasons including fire regulations.
- Cinder blocks are not allowed because they can damage the room floors.
- Room air conditioners are not permitted in the residence halls because of power surges.