RAY SIMON INSTITUTE
About the Institute
Named for the former head of the Utica College public relations degree program, The Raymond Simon Institute for Public Relations was founded in 1986 with the purpose of enhancing UC's public relations and journalism programs. To achieve this purpose, the institute:
- Honors the outstanding public relations/journalism alumnus or alumna
- Grants the Ben and Gene Comora Scholarship, the John Behrens Journalism Scholarship, and the Raymond Simon Scholarship
- Provides monetary support for faculty projects and student activities through the Bob '78 and Ellen Feldman Fund
- Underwrites the cost of the Eleanor Sokolow/RSI Professional in Residence (PIR) program, which brings outstanding professionals in public relations and journalism to campus for several days
- The George E. Jones '60 Outstanding PRJ Student awards to students in each of the four classes
- The Owen Comora '53 Tangerine award to the most valuable staff member of the college newspaper
- The Fred and Corinne Grates/RSI Achievement Award
- The Flaherty Creativity Award
- The David D'Alessandro '72 summer internship awards, granted to help cover the expenses of student internships
JOIN US ON CAMPUS:
SATURDAY INFO SESSIONS
Q&A with staff followed by a campus tour.
Learn more about programs, financial aid, student life, more.
Upcoming events >
"The thing that really stood out for me in the PRJ department was the faculty. They weren't just professors teaching -- they were mentors, friends, confidants, and when they needed to be, my parents away from home." "The thing that really stood out for me in the PRJ department was the faculty. They weren't just professors teaching -- they were mentors, friends, confidants, and when they needed to be, my parents away from home. The program was like a family -- from its patriarch Raymond Simon all the way down to the freshman on his first day of classes. I felt welcome and important from the start, but was encouraged and expected to thrive."
Cory Lavalette '99
Coman Publishing Co.
Coman Publishing Co.