American Presidency Project
- Online archive of primary sources associated with American political history
Annals of Congress
- Official Congressional debates of the United States House of Representatives and Senate from 1789 to 1824
Brooklyn Daily Eagleeagle.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/Default/Skins/BEagle/Client.asp
- Searchable archive of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle newspaper from 1841 to 1902.
California Digital Newspaper Collection
- Large repository of newspaper published in the State of California.
Colgate University Libraries Digital Collections
- Includes Colgate University's student newspaper; documents related to University's history; local and regional newspapers.
Columbia University Digital Archives
- The John Jay Papers; Corporate records of New York businesses; New York real estate brochure collection; Audio archives with transcriptions of famous New York city residents.
- Official Congressional debates of the United States House of Representatives and Senate from 1833-1873
- Official Congressional debates of the United States House of Representatives and Senate from 1873-1875
Credo: Special Collections and University Archives (UMass, Amherst)http://credo.library.umass.edu
- Primary sources related to W.E.B. DuBois; photography of Anthropologist Joel M. Halpern.
Documenting the American South
- Primary sources related exclusively to the American South
- Extensive digital archive of full books that are in the public domain. Most can be downloaded in either PDF or ePub formats.
- Digital archive containing domestic and international newspapers.
Hamilton College Special Collections & Archives
- Includes Samuel Kirkland's and Elihu Root's Papers; Diaries, letters, and other primary sources (including photographs) of students who attended Hamilton College.
Historical Census Browser (University of Virginia)
- Searchable archive of the United States Census
Historical Newspapers Online (University of Pennsylvania)
- Alphabetical listing of newspapers available online.
House Divided Project
- Primary sources associated with Abraham Lincoln
- Fully searchable online library including the full text of numerous primary and secondary sources (books, videos, audio recordings, etc.)
In Motion: The African American Migration Experience
- Primary sources and images from the Schomburg Institute. Archives include the Transatlantic Slave Trade; runaway slaves and runaway slave narratives; the Domestic Slave Trade; the Great Migration; and African immigration.
Library of Congress: American Memory
- Online archive of the Library of Congress
Library of Congress Newspaper Collection
- Online archive of digitized newspapers.
Making of America: Cornell University http://digital.library.cornell.edu/m/moa/
- Online archive of books, nineteenth century popular magazines, the official Civil War records of the Union and Confederate armies and navies, etc.
Making of America: University of Michigan
- Online archive offering different primary sources than that which is available through Cornell's "Making of America" website. Most sources deal with nineteenth century America.
Mississippi State University Digital Collections
- Online archive of primary sources associated with Mississippi's state history
National Park Service: The Civil War
- Searchable database of soldiers and sailors who fought for the Union or the Confederacy during the Civil War.
New York State Archives
- Primary and secondary resources, including photographs, audio, and video, examining different aspects of New York State history.
New York HistoryJournal Link
- Full issues of the New York State Historical Society's journal, New York History (2010-Present).
New York Newspaper Archive (Fultonhistory.com)
- Extensive database of New York newspapers
New York Newspaper Projecthttp://www.nysl.nysed.gov/nysnp/
- Detailed list of the location, call numbers, and other pertinent archival information for every newspaper previously or currently published in New York State.
Northern New York Historical Newspapers
- Online archive of newspapers for Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Franklin, Clinton, and Essex Counties
New York State Historical Association
- Several bibliographies of primary/secondary sources dealing with the Erie Canal and Delaware, Greene, Otsego, and Schoharie counties; lists of census records available at the Cooperstown archive.
Register of Debates
- Official Congressional debates from the House of Representatives and the United States Senate, 1824-1837
The Frederick Douglass Project (University of Rochester)http://www.lib.rochester.edu/index.cfm?PAGE=2861
- Primary sources related to Frederick Douglass
The Friend of Man Abolitionist Newspaper (Cornell University)
- Full run of The Friend of Man abolitionist newspaper
The Simms Initiative (Southern History): University of South Carolina
- Online archive of primary sources associated exclusively with the American South
The Special Collections & University Archive of the University of Massachusetts, Amhersthttp://www.library.umass.edu/spcoll/
- Online archive of primary sources examining movements for social change, New England history and culture, and innovation and entrepreneurship
The Valley of the Shadow: Two Communities in the American Civil War (University of Virginia)
- Online archive of primary sources associated with Franklin County, Pennsylvania and Augusta County, Virgina
Vanishing History (Fordham University)www.vanishinghistory.org
- Burial database of enslaved African Americans
Virginia Military Institute Archiveshttp://www.vmi.edu/archives/home/
- Journals, letters, diaries and images from the Civil War