Study Abroad - Inbound
Academics at Utica College

Study Abroad

Inbound Students

Applying to study as an exchange student at Utica College

International students at participating institutions interested in participating in a study abroad program at Utica College are asked to complete and return the application (M.S. Word document) linked below.

Inbound Study Abroad Application >

Academic Calendar

Academic dates for upcoming semesters can be found at on our academic calendar.

Paying the SEVIS I-901 Fee

Go to 
The information needed to complete the I-901 form can be found on your DS-2019. You are required to pay the fee prior to scheduling your visa interview. Proof of payment is required at the time of your interview.  The SEVIS I-901 Fee does NOT replace the consular visa fee.

Creating your Username and Password

Go to
  • Enter your nine digit student ID number
  • The last four digits of your SEVIS ID number
  • Your date of birth
  • Activate your account

Registering for classes

To register for classes at Utica College, please go to our online registration site and take the following simple steps
  • Select the Term you plan to attend
    Search by Term (Fall 2013 for August attendance or Spring 2014 for January attendance) and click the Submit button. You will see a list of subject areas.
  • Search for Courses
    Select a subject and click the Class Search button. The list of courses being offered in that subject area will appear. Click on the course title to see how many seats are available.

    ♦ View Category Entry will give a brief course description. 

    ♦ Click Return to Previous to return to your course listing.

    ♦ Once you have reviewed all the courses for the subject area click New Search and start the process for the next subject area.
  • Submit your course selections by email
    Make your list of eight (8) course selections and email the list to Dan O'Toole, Director of International Programs, at

    ♦ You will need to include course title, section, and course number (ex: Introduction to Cultural Anthropology – 9309 –ANT 101D – A).

    ♦ Courses that end with a (- Z) are only offered online.

    ♦ You will be registered in a maximum of five courses.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan O'Toole at

Residence Life information

Complete the Important Housing Forms listed under Housing on our Residence Life page.  You will need to log into the form with your username and password. The Residence Life page also provides important information such as list of item to pack.

Please note, exchange students live in Boehlert, Bell, or Tower Hall.   If you would like a single room, indicate that in 1st choice under location preference.

Dining Services

Exchange student will be automatically enrolled in the Gold meal plan. The plan includes unlimited meals in the Dining Commons, plus $100 in Declining Balance per semester to spend as you wish at Subway, The Pioneer Cafe, Le Bistro, Trax Snax and Common Grounds.

Meal Plan Information

Student Health Center

The Student Health Center offers medical treatment to students with minor or short-term illnesses. This service is free for all UC students provided they have complied with the College’s health requirements. All students are required to provide the Student Health Center with the following:
  • Health Form
  • Current immunization information, including proof of two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations 
  • Health insurance provider and policy number (you may purchase here)

Because it is mandatory that you complete a health form, it is suggested that you visit your physician before you leave for your study abroad. The Student Health Center at UC can schedule a physical exam for a charge of $60. They can also make arrangements for you to receive MMR immunizations at a low cost.

Medical treatment, even if only minor, is very expensive in the United States. UC requires that all international students have health insurance, with additional coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation expenses. If you have insurance which will cover you during your stay abroad, please bring this documentation with you. 

If you do not have health insurance coverage for the time you are in the U.S., the College has a plan available to you. The Office of International Education also has information on other health insurance plans for internationals. Even with health insurance, you will be responsible for a $50-100 deductible for each new illness or injury. The Office of International Education will provide assistance with questions or concerns regarding insurance coverage or claims.

Health Form

Immunizations Form



Deborah Wilson-Allam
Director, International and Intensive English Programs
(315) 792-3006
1600 Burrstone Road | Utica, NY 13502