The Office of Career Services endeavors to serve students, in partnership with alumni, employers, faculty, and staff, through the provision of the following services and resources: counseling, assessments, programming, outreach, and recruitment activities.
Students will develop self-awareness and actively engage in the career development process, empowering them to make informed career decisions and preparing them to achieve career goals.
Office Location and Contact Information
Office of Career Services
1600 Burrstone Road
206 Strebel Student Center
Utica, NY 13502
Phone: (315) 792-3087
Fax: (315) 792-3370
LinkedIn: Utica College Office of Career Services
(Fall and Spring)
Monday - Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Meet the Staff
Jennifer (Jenna) L. Turman, M.A.
Employer Relations Coordinator
Office: 206 Strebel Student Center
- Actively participates in the identification, recruitment, and relationship management of prospective employers
- Initiates communication with faculty, internship coordinators, and staff about job and experiential education opportunities
- Contributes to the creation and growth of an on-campus recruitment program through collaboration with faculty, staff, and student organizations
- Helps students develop and refine résumé writing, application essays, interviewing, and job search skills
- Develops and presents major-specific information on a range of career development topics to students in classrooms and during workshops
Jenna earned her Master of Arts in Educational Leadership for Student Affairs and Bachelor of Science in Psychology, graduating cum laude, both from Central Michigan University (CMU). Previously, Jenna worked in hospitality management, customer relations, and university admissions. During these opportunities, she not only had the chance to work closely with students but also developed and maintained relationships with industry leaders such as Chrysler, GM, and John Deere. It was during her Graduate Internship at CMU’s Career Services Office that she discovered her desire to work with students and employers in higher education. Although her experience comes from a variety of industries, her passion for student development has brought her to Utica College’s Career Services Office as the newest staff member.