Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
Students completing one of the following degrees are eligible to participate in the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science
DATE: Sunday, May 6, 2018
TIME: 3:30 p.m.
NOTE: Students participating in the ceremony MUST arrive at the venue no later than 3:00 p.m. Doors open at 2:00 p.m.
LOCATION: The Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium, 400 Oriskany Street West, Utica NY 13502
- "Graduation" is an academic process that involves the official conferral of your Bachelor's degree. It involves a careful review of your academic record and approval by the College. This happens every May, August, and December.
- "Commencement" is the annual ceremony where we celebrate our achievements and recognize our degree candidates. This happens once each year, in May.
ATTENDANCE NOTIFICATION DEADLINES AND PROCESSES:
In order to participate in the May 2018 commencement ceremony, students must have applied for a May, August, or December degree by the March 15, 2018 deadline.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
- Parking at and around the Auditorium is very limited, and the cost of parking in the Aud parking lot is $5 per car.
- Commencement graduates and their guests are strongly encouraged to use the complimentary shuttle service to and from the Utica Memorial Auditorium in order to avoid expected parking congestion and parking fees.
- Buses will leave every few minutes from the circle in front of the Strebel Student Center on campus, beginning at 2:00., and will return to campus following the ceremony.
- Plan on arriving at least 30 minutes early as it will take time to get through security.
- The LAST BUS to the Auditorium will leave Utica College at 3:00 p.m.
There will be a light reception immediately preceding the commencement ceremony on the campus of Utica College. 11:00 am-2:30 pm.
**: Submitting the degree application form after March 15 will result in your name not being printed in the commencement program. You will still be permitted to participate and your name will be called when you walk across the stage, but the program will have already been sent to print.