Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
Students completing one of the following degrees are eligible to participate in the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science
DATE: Sunday, May 18, 2013
TIME: 9:30 a.m.
NOTE: Students participating in the ceremony MUST arrive at the venue no later than 9:00 a.m.
ATTENDANCE NOTIFICATION DEADLINE:
In order to participate in commencement, students must have applied for a 2014 degree by the March 15, 2014 deadline.
Please apply for your degree according to when you will complete ALL requirements, including all classes, internships, and student teaching. August '14 and December '14 grads are still welcome to participate in the May 2014 commencement ceremony as long as they follow all the steps outlined below.
Click here to apply for your degree.
(Submitting this application after March 15 will result in your name not being printed in the commencement program.)
To participate in the May 2014 commencement ceremony:
- RSVP no later than April 30, 2014 - Students wishing to participate in the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony MUST notify Utica College of this intention by submitting an RSVP via the link on the left by the April 30 deadline. Failure to RSVP by the deadline means a student will NOT be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony. AND...
- Order Regalia (cap and gown) no later than April 30, 2014 - Students are required to order their cap and gown through the Utica College Bookstore (315-792-3179), or they will not have a cap or gown to wear at the ceremony, and will not be permitted to participate.
- DECEMBER 2014 GRADS: In addition to RSVP and regalia, must also apply for their degree and send an e-mail to Lynn Decker (ldecker[at]utica.edu)
by March 15, 2014to inform her that they wish to participate, so she can include their name in the program.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
- Parking at and around the Auditorium is very limited, and the cost of parking in the Aud parking lot is $5 per car.
- Commencement graduates and their guests are strongly encouraged to use the complimentary shuttle service to and from the Utica Memorial Auditorium in order to avoid expected parking congestion and parking fees.
- Buses will leave every few minutes from the circle in front of the Strebel Student Center on campus, beginning at 8:00 a.m., and will return to campus following the ceremony.
- The LAST BUS to the Auditorium will leave Utica College at 9:15 a.m.
There will be a light reception immediately following the commencement ceremony on the campus of Utica College.