Traveling and Conferences
When inquiring about your club or organization traveling for an educational purpose please contact:
Joe Gutowski, Director of Student Activities
- X 3037
- 103 Strebel Student Center
- Student travel, conference funding, paperwork, etc
Student Travel Fund
Criteria for approval of Student Travel Funds will be determined by the Finance Committee of Student Senate. Criteria will remain in effect until such time as either Student Senate, the Finance Committee of Student Senate, or the Faculty Resource Committee perceive a need to revise them.
- Individuals requesting funding must be enrolled as full-time students at Utica College.
- Students requesting funding must submit a request form to which is attached a written request outlining how the travel will benefit their academic development.
- Each request must be accompanied by a recommendation from a faculty or staff member.
- While attendance at a professional conference or event may be funded, priority will be given to those students who are presenting papers/posters, serving on a panel, or serving as an officer at a professional conference.
- Students may be funded either through the Student Travel Fund or through their club’s request to the Student Senate Finance Committee, but may not be funded out of both sources.
- Students funded from the Student Travel Fund are encouraged to make a presentation to a class or student group on campus, sharing what they learned from the experience.
- Student must complete the Travel Fund Request Form.
The Director of Student Activities will submit a report to the Student Senate Finance Committee at the end of fall semester and again in mid-March, or when funding has been depleted for the academic year. This report will detail the students who received funding, a brief description of their requests, the amount funded for each request, and the amount awarded from the fund in total.