The following procedures are to be followed by student organizations having events/parties that require an admission fee:
- All tickets must be sold through UticaTickets.com.
- To request your ticket to be created on Utica Tickets, print out and hand in the Utica Tickets Request Form at least 2 weeks before your event. Form found here: http://utica.edu/student/activities/forms.cfm
- Before you can register your event with UniversityTickets your organization must have an Agency Account.
- If your organization does not have an Agency Account one can be requested by handing the Agency Account Request Form found online to General Accounting, firstname.lastname@example.org (315) 792-3031.
- The Agency Account Request Form can be found online at: http://utica.edu/student/activities/forms.cfm
- Everyone attending the event must purchase a ticket in advance. Tickets will be available online and in the Student Activities Office during their posted hours for sale by cash only.
- Online tickets can be purchased 24/7 from time of posting to time of event start. The host organization can request that the sale time be extended, but sales will not be extended later than halfway through the event.
- If the event will have both off-campus guests and is going to last longer that midnight, your organization must also fill out a Large Event Form that can be found online at: http://utica.edu/student/activities/forms.cfm
- For an event with ticket sales, if the sponsoring organization will be collaborating with another organization, the Student Activities Office needs to be notified at least a week before the event.
- In cases of collaboration, the Utica Tickets Request Form must detail the revenue split for each organization and must list all organizations' Agency Account numbers.
- The sponsoring organization will be able to set aside a number of “comp” tickets. These are not to be sold under any circumstances and are only available for members of that organization.
- Comp tickets will be given out to the event hosts by Student Activities if requested in writing in advance and picked up by the close of business hours the day before the event. For weekend events, pick up no later than the Friday before the event at close of business. They must be distributed before the event and are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- It is the responsibility of the students to obtain the Utica Tickets ticket scanner from Student Activities during regular office hours before the event.
- As a forewarning, the funds from selling tickets on Utica Tickets will not be deposited in your organization’s Agency Account until about 6 weeks after your event is held.
- Sponsoring organizations will recognize the validity of tickets only when the person is able to produce a picture ID. No tickets will be sold at the door or at any other location other than aforementioned areas before or during the event for any reason.
Sponsoring organizations are responsible for including the following information in their advertising:
- Tickets are to be purchased in advance.
- No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Date, time and location of the party.
- Name of the organization hosting the party.
- When and where tickets will be available.
- The need to have ID with your ticket for admission and the fact that the ID will be asked for at the door.
- Every guest who attends a large event must be a guest of a Utica College student. Only one guest per student will be allowed.
UC parties may not be advertised anywhere off campus or on other college campuses; violation of this restriction is grounds for immediate cancellation of the party.
Sponsoring organizations will also enforce the “once you pay, you stay” rule. This rule applies to people who pay for the party and then either loiter in the lounge or leave the Student Center, only to return minutes or hours later. The rule requires people to pay for the party and then remain inside the party location. If they leave the building they shall not be readmitted. If a Campus Safety Officer or a Utica College Staff member asks someone to leave, they must leave.
Those attending the party must possess a ticket and present a valid college ID or be a guest of a Utica College student. If the host leaves, the guest must also leave. No guest is allowed to enter or stay at the party without their host being present.
The established capacity of the party space (175 for the Pioneer Pub, 300 for the left side of the Dining Commons with the furniture removed) will not be exceeded. Tickets will only be sold up to the capacity of the facility, and comps count towards the capacity as well.
The supervising Campus Safety Officer or the advisor has the authority to close down a party at any time. The sponsoring organization will fully cooperate and assist with such action if it becomes necessary.
Sponsoring organizations will assist with closing. Closing includes helping Campus Safety/ local police agency to clear the premises and making certain that the venue is swept and cleaned. This means free of debris, spilled liquids, bottles, and cans at the end of the event and ensuring that tables and chairs are placed back in the proper configuration.
Sponsoring organizations that do not comply with these guidelines may lose their right to hold additional functions on campus.
Monday - Thursday
8:30am to 6:30pm
8:30am to 5:00pm
Saturday - Sunday
Monday - Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday - Sunday
STREBEL STUDENT CENTER
24 hours, 7 days