Public Relations Journalism
Public Relations – Journalism Studies
Graduates will be able to:
- Write competently on a professional level, which means being able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to present ideas clearly in written form;
- Write clearly, concisely, grammatically, with professional style; and
- Write a concise summary of a particular subject or issue.
- Have the fact-finding and interviewing skills needed to gather information and then write a complete and accurate news story or public relations piece on deadline.
- Know how to use relevant computer programs, the Internet, and other new technologies to do research and other work efficiently.
- Make rational, defensible decisions through the use of critical thinking skills and as guided by professional codes of conduct.