• understand the basic concepts of economics;
• be able to apply economic concepts to solve social problems and pursue social goals;
• have sufficient foundational knowledge of economics and related disciplines to establish themselves in careers in business, government, and other careers requiring an economics background, or pursue graduate study in business or economics;
• have effective oral and written communications skills;
• have effective skills in quantitative analysis and in the use of business-related computer programs;
• be conversant with issues of ethics and social responsibility as applied to business and economics.