• understand the basic concepts of economics;
• be able to apply economic concepts to solve business problems and pursue business goals;
• have sufficient foundational knowledge of business and economics and related disciplines to establish themselves in careers in business or pursue graduate study in business or economics;
• have effective oral and written communications skills;
• have effective skills in quantitative analysis and in the use of business-related computer programs;
• have an understanding of the functional areas of business and their interrelationship, of business strategy and planning, and of the position of business in the larger world;
• be conversant with issues of ethics and social responsibility as applied to business and economics.