International Freshman Applicants
What we need from you:
- Your completed Freshman application with your personal statement
- $40 application fee (or waiver request)
- Your International Student Certification of Finances form and third-party documentation
- Official transcripts (mark sheets) of all secondary and post-secondary academic work, including all official documents (in English) and an explanation of the grading system
- Evidence of English proficiency -- UC requires a TOEFL score of 525 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based), and will also accept IELTS, APIEL, and MELAB scores
Financial assistance: Limited financial assistance is available for non-U.S. citizens. These grants, awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement, range from $2,000 to $18,000 per year and do not require a separate application. Private loans are available to students with either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident as a co-signer. Limited student worker positions are also available on campus.
Since many programs will be fully enrolled by March, you are encouraged to apply by January 15. However:
When to apply:
- Apply no later than December 15 if you plan to start in the January term.
- Apply by February 1 to be considered for our nursing program.
For more information about applying to UC as an international student, visit our international applicants section.
Got questions about the admissions process, specific academic programs, or anything else about UC? Use our E-Inquiry form...and get answers fast!
Meet our Staff
Dorothy (Dottie) Milligan Lewis, Ed.D.
Interim Dean of International Education
Daniel O'Toole, M.S.
Director of International Programs
Lisa M. Tehan, B.S.
Can (John) Erdogmus, M.B.A.
International Student Recruiter